Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare organisation now require a qualified and experienced Extrusion Technician.
The Extrusion Technician will be involved in the setting up and running extrusion lines, including complex tooling assembly & breakdown, structured process trouble shooting & optimisation, perform a quality sampling plan on extruded material & provide guidance & support for Product Builders inspecting on-line
This is a Night shift role for which a good premium will be paid
Key Responsibilities of Extrusion Technician:
- •setting up and successfully running any extrudate relevant to company standards (including tooling assembly / disassembly).
- • Ability to understand processing characteristics of different types of extrusions (tapered, co-ex, multi-lumen interrupted etc.), understanding key process input parameters (e.g. temperatures, pressures, tooling, line speed) impacting key process outputs (e.g. product dimensions, tensile or mechanical performance)
- • Ability to read and understand product specifications and their influence on process parameters.
- • Ability to work with Manufacturing Engine in developing, trouble shooting, standardizing and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- • Good communication skills, obtaining thorough handovers from, and providing thorough handovers to previous/following shift technicians identifying specific troubleshooting activities completed & recommendations for next shift. Also able to interact well with PBs on-line & technicians across the Extrusions area.
- • Actively utilizes key systems in the area (e.g. MES, SPC, EPS/LPS) as part of day-to-day operations.
- • Strong technical aptitude to understand plastics processing and the overall operating principles of an extruder.
- • Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager
Requirements of the Extrusion Technician:
- HETAC Level 6 Qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Polymer materials and Extrusion process experience required
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential.
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / firstname.lastname@example.org / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.