My client a leading Pharmaceutical company now require a Mechanical Technician to join their expanding team.
The Mechanical Technician is responsible for providing technical support for the safe and efficient maintenance of equipment in a high containment Pharmaceutical plant, operating to HPRA and FDA standards.
This is a permanent role based in Dublin and it comes with a good salary with good benefits.
Responsibilities of Mechanical Technician
- Ensure API, Blending, Capsule Filling, Primary and Secondary Packaging equipment, as well as camera, serialisation and high containment systems are set up and maintained to appropriate standards.
- Work with flexibility within the Engineering Department and in co-operation with other Departments.
- Promote lean maintenance best practices at all times within a continuous improvement environment.
- Assist in developing and improving new and existing maintenance routines within a cGMP environment.
- Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on production and utilities equipment.
- Carry out calibration of equipment as required
- Proactively follow up on re-occurring technical issues.
- Use of the computerized maintenance management system to record in detail maintenance activities on equipment/utilities in compliance with regulatory & cGMP requirements.
- Execution of work orders and calibrations as scheduled through the computerized maintenance management system.
- Daily reporting of maintenance activities at shift meetings, ensuring issues and open items / concerns are communicated in a timely and concise manner.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental training programs and initiatives. Adhere to safe working practices as set out by the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Maintaining compliance with site procedures and policies.
- Participate fully in any cross-functional training initiatives and mentor operations personnel at all times.
- Available to respond to ‘call out’ as per a pre-defined Rota if required.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all the departments’ customers on site.
Requirements of Mechanical Technician:
- Minimum of a mechanical apprenticeship with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and or a mechanical engineering degree.
- 3+ years maintenance experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- SAP CMMS experience an advantage.
- Available to work shift when needed for which a supplement would be paid