The Senior Buyer is directly accountable for the end-to-end purchasing and procurement activities in Europe with a strong focus on managing the relationship with Contract Development & Manufacturing partners (CDMO). Primary responsibilities include regular review and analysis of MRP to make optimal purchasing plans/decisions, to ensure material and product requirements are satisfied compliantly, on-time, and at the most competitive cost.
This requires supplier and third-party management, which includes supplier forecasting, leveraging data for strategic negotiations, as well as managing supplier performance in alignment with company goals, and monitors through metrics. The Senior Buyer will serve as a technical and administrative program manager.
- Serve as the primary interface between our CDMOs to ensure attainment of build plan and overall cost, delivery, and quality performance
- Prioritise, escalate, and lead root cause analysis to action on all issues impacting build schedules with CDMOs
- Build performance metrics, launch to CDMOs, and work with the CDMO's teams to ensure regular improvement against these metrics
- Coordinate CDMO Performance Reporting, periodic Business Reviews, and an annual audit cycle
- Run MRP regularly to make purchasing decisions and process purchase orders to ensure timely ordering and delivery of goods
- Constant assessment of needs, creating detailed RFP’s/RFQ, using a variety of competitive bidding methods and negotiating purchasing agreements.
- Negotiate supply agreement(s) with all CDMOs as needed to enable the best costs, service, and quality for product line
- Accountable for reporting material status at Production Meetings and participating in any other interdepartmental meetings that relate to assigned commodity and/or suppliers.
- Provide updates on supply chain challenges to Supply Chain Manager, Planning, Operations, and Production.
- Support the Supply Chain Manager in maintaining department metrics. Prepare various reports on a monthly or as needed basis for the supply chain team.
- Work closely with Master Scheduler and/or Production Scheduler in executing forecast requirements to identify procurement strategy opportunities for cost reductions/efficiencies.
- Create reports on usages, budgets, and forecasts to identify opportunities for purchasing strategies and procurement projects, and act as project leader.
- Establish and maintain trust and sustainable relationships with suppliers to ensure and promote fair and equitable pricing, terms and conditions.
- Manage supplier performance and execution of supplier score cards – develop and maintain reports
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong knowledge of supply chain, purchasing and procurement processes and organisations
- Experience in managing third party manufacturers and industrial background
- Proficiency with ERP/MRP/CRP activities and utilising them efficiently
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Basic knowledge of Pharma Industry with knowledge of GMP standards desirable
Follow us on Linked-in,