My client a leading Pharmaceutical company now require a Senior Supply Chain Planner – Manufacturing to join their rapidly expanding team.
The Senior Supply Chain Planner – Manufacturing is responsible for the Global Master Planning of products produced on a busy and growing Manufacturing site. They will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
This is a permanent role based in Dublin and it comes with a good salary with good benefits.
Responsibilities of Senior Supply Chain Planner - Manufacturing
- Drive global Drug Substance (DS) demand aggregation (including technical batches) and reconciliation process by aligning with the DP Master Planner.
- Manage monthly planning cycle of assigned DS pipeline by updating global PSI (Production, Sales, Inventory) balance file based on the data collected from various supply chain partners (DS and Drug Product sites, external Contract Manufacturing Organisations or CMO)
- Plan and allocate production amount of DS/Key Intermediate/Key Starting Material (KSM) at each site of the assigned product based on the updated PSI balance and DS strategy defined by Global API Management.
- Ensure enough DS is available for DP sites and prioritize DS planned deliveries and release plan.
- Ensure that DS inventory, COGS and efficiency of plants are optimized and balanced across DS sites.
- Lead DS monthly planning meeting with supply managers of DS sites and the DP Master Planner to review PSI balance and drive for alignment of production plan between DS sites (including purchase amount of DS from external CMOs)
- Engage in the DP Master Planning meeting and issue management as a representative from the DS supply team.
- Proactively identify DS related supply issues/constraints and engage necessary stakeholders to prepare scenarios with assumptions and proposals for resolution.
- Escalate to Global API Management in case of major deviation from original DS strategy is identified and seek for solution to mitigate the impact.
- Manage and ensure that appropriate inventory level of DS /Key Intermediate/KSM is maintained globally according to inventory policy defined by the Product Manager and Global API Management.
- Collect information from DP technical studies and arrange samples of DS required for the stability study with regional Supply Launch Team project manager.
- Work closely with Global API Management team to support DS Strategy development of the assigned product.
- Track and update regulatory status of the DS related variations at each market based on the information collected from Global Regulatory Affairs and reflect that information in the switch over planning of DS variants
- Manage and ensure that switching of DS variants at DP sites is done according to the latest regulatory status and strategy defined by Global API Management
- Report monthly status of project implementation related to DS related variation to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate and work with the relevant global master planners and supply chain teams to ensure that production volumes for newly transferring products are adequate.
- Work with the relevant master planner and supply chain teams to establish appropriate capability and resources to support and execute future master planning responsibilities
- Bachelor degree in related field (science, business etc.), with master or MBA preferred
- Minimum 5-8 years in Supply Chain (Planning/Master Scheduling/ Capacity Planning/Demand Planning/Inventory Management) or related work experience, experience with DS or Chemical planning preferred
- Intermediate knowledge about DS or chemical manufacturing process and DP
- Experience with ERP and supply chain system (SAP R/3, SAP BW, APO)
- Strong analytical skills for integrating and interpreting planning related information
- Good understanding of Pharmaceutical industry (regulatory environment, CMC, cGMP)
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools and principles
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialize exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors
For more information please contact John at The RFT Group / www.rftgroup.ie / 01 2302400 or click apply below