Our client is an exciting ambitious fast growing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer. An exciting product pipeline scheduled for launch over the coming years will stretch and grow the person who holds this post.
The Associate Director, Supply Chain, will report to the Director, Supply Chain. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all aspects of the Supply Chain and Warehouse functions, including Customer Service and Delivery Performance, Procurement, Production Planning & Control Systems and Materials Management.
- Ensure the effective operation of the Supply Chain Planning, Procurement & Warehouse functions, to provide timely delivery of materials and finished goods, in accordance with development and commercial requirements.
- Lead the demand planning/inventory management process for multiple products, taking preventative actions to avoid potential material and product supply issues.
- Using best practice procurement initiatives ensure orders for all goods and services are placed and delivered on time to maintain business continuity and to ensure delivery of site OTIF target, while negotiating best market price for all commodities.
- Lead and influence procurement activity across the business in line with department and site objectives.
- Manage on-going metrics and KPI's for supply chain activities.
- Lead and motivate the Supply Chain team through strategic and transformational change
- Manage direct reports as required, resolving personnel issues as they arise and leading personnel/team development.
- Ensure Warehouse Operations delivers best in class receipt/delivery practices, inventory, controlled substances and freight management and cost optimisation.
- Preparation and management of annual budget together with adherence to approved budget spend for area of responsibility.
- Optimise the use of the ERP/SAP System. Improve system usage effectiveness and reporting capability.
- Implement Inventory Management Improvements through DOH, Inventory Accuracy, WIP and Material Efficiency Metrics
- Ensure that the Supply Chain function operates in full compliance with EHSS, cGMP, Shipping, Customs and SOX regulations.
- Lead cross functional Continuous Improvement initiatives to ensure that department and site cost savings targets are met.
- Champion, develop and Implement new supply chain initiatives which will reduce cost and increase competitiveness.
- Third level qualification in a science or engineering discipline, with 7 years progressive Supply Chain Management experience, preferably in a regulated environment.
The following would be an advantage:
- MBA or Masters in Supply Chain.
- IPICS/APICS/IIPMM qualified and accredited with extensive knowledge of best practice Supply Chain principles, processes and theories.
- Working knowledge of ERP management systems, preferably SAP.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in demand planning
- Demonstrated experience in inventory management
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and application of sales and operations planning process.
- Knowledge of cGMP and safety procedures within a manufacturing/warehousing environment.
- A track record of implementing Supply Chain Improvements and successful change management
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy and demonstrated use of initiative.
- Team player, with flexible approach, initiative and an ability to respond positively to changing circumstances and priorities.
- High levels of personal and professional integrity incorporating a strong work ethic combined with a high degree of flexibility.
- Good communication, influencing and relationship building skills
- Demonstrated expertise with a proven track record in Continuous Improvement/Operational Excellence, process improvement identification and cost savings delivery in a manufacturing environment.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills required to effectively address problems and interface with other functional areas of the company
- Knowledge of controlled substances & associated import/export regulations would be an advantage.
- Proven competency & reliability in your current role is essential.
Please forward your CV application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2302400.