This is a rare opportunity to join one of the most exciting young global biopharmaceutical companies, headquartered here in Dublin. With a rich development and commercial pipeline our client is focussed on rare and orphan diseases.
The newly appointed Vice President, Head of Development will report to the Chief Medical Officer and will be responsible for the design and delivery of Global Development Strategy.
He/she will be responsible for both strategic direction and technical leadership of global clinical and non-clinical programs and will provide oversight for all active clinical projects.
The Head of Development is a key member of the Sr leadership team and will work closely with the CMO to set the overall product development vision for the organization. Responsibilities also include the strategy, development and implementation of innovative development programs that include input from and collaboration with strategic business partners.
The individual will work with cross functional teams to plan, develop, design, implement and complete clinical development trials. This individual will establish and maintain an environment focused on quality that fosters learning, respect, open communication, collaboration, integration, and teamwork.
- Participate in senior management team meetings and provide guidance on clinical strategy development and implementation.
- Build and leverage cross functional collaborative relationships to achieve shared company goals.
- Development of strategic relationships with research and clinical experts
- Accountable for identifying and developing medical and scientific talent
- Maintain a close collaboration with other functional areas including Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, and Commercial
- Accountable for high quality, timely and cost-efficient execution of development programs
- Actively monitor the company’s development portfolio, identify risks, and implement preventive and corrective actions as indicated
- Provide input into Business Development & Licensing assessments
The ideal candidate will have 10 years + experience in clinical development, and in the design, implementation, and management of clinical trials in all phases of drug development.
With a proven track record of successful regulatory approvals working in major global pharmaceutical companies, you will enjoy a thorough understanding of FDA and EMA requirements ideally for orphan designations
With outstanding leadership and people development skills, (honed in high-growth environments), you will possess a depth of talent in networking, negotiation, communication, and presentation.
You will possess a relevant third level qualification (medical degree preferred)
Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org