This challenging role offers a rare career advancement opportunity for a high performing, ambitious Accountant who possesses a proven track record in driving successful long term profitability across multiple business units.
The preferred candidate will be commercially aware, and will possess a relevant professional qualification in Accountancy and have at least four years’ post qualification experience. A significant proportion of this experience will ideally have been gained in the bar and restaurant industry.
- A proven track record in leading successful long term profitability across multiple business units.
- A self-starter with the confidence and passion to develop and implement initiatives, problem solve, and deliver effective solutions to increase profitability.
- Experience working with a highly entrepreneurial and rapidly growing business offers a distinct advantage.
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential.
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral )
Cash flow, Procurement & Cost Control
- Manage cash flow and ensure optimum and effective use of company resources.
- Systematically review and develop recommendations to optimise gross and net margins (on beverages, food, etc.) in each unit.
- Review and develop approaches to procurement to ensure greater efficiency, effectiveness and cost savings across the Group.
- Undertake systematic review of all major contracts, identify scope for cost savings and conclude negotiations with suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers and review invoices to ensure that rebates and LTAs are provided/ observed. Actively undertake price comparisons to optimise value-for-money in procurement of goods and services
- Engage with company accountancy partners to identify scope for tax savings and develop proposals/recommendations for consideration by the MD.
- Actively review rosters to ensure optimum staffing levels and associated cost savings. Research and propose system to incentivise bar/restaurant managers to manage costs/ deliver savings.
- Review weekly stock reports, identify scope to reduce holdings and introduce for Just-in-Time (JIT) delivery arrangement to ensure supply in response to unanticipated demand.
- Engage proactively with company’s insurers and broker to identify scope/initiatives to reduce insurance costs.
Financial & Revenue Compliance
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all relevant taxation and legislative requirements. Ensure full group-wide compliance with all associated obligations.
- Ensure calculations are correct and that all VAT, PAYE and similar payments are made to Revenue in a timely manner.
- Ensure group-wide compliance with loan agreements, repayment schedules and associated stipulations as outlined by different lenders.
Accounts & Management Information
- Manage team of finance personnel to ensure that bookkeeping/accounts/management information requirements for various businesses are prepared and submitted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Preparation of separate monthly management accounts for different businesses within the group.
- Review and identify MD’s weekly and monthly financial reporting requirements and develop/introduce revised metrics and reporting arrangements.
- Undertake analysis, interpret and present accounts (together with commentary and recommendations) to MD and senior management team.
- Ensure, at all times, that accurate trading picture is presented to the MD and that any caveats relating to the timing of revenue/expenditure recognition are highlighted.
- Prepare and up-date rolling annual budgets (adjusted for changes in major expenditure/ revenue items) with monthly variance analysis and rolling forecasts. Prepare and up-date ad-hoc and capital expenditure budgets.
- Ensure clarity and consistency of information and analysis presented to MD by consulting proactively and ensuring agreement (internally and with accountancy partners) on matters which could otherwise lead to conflicting analyses/interpretation.
- Ensure accurate and consistent approach to preparation/update of profit and loss accounts and cash flow forecasting, analysis and reporting for all businesses. Ensure EBITDA position is maintained within bank limits.
- Identify relevant key performance indicators and present KPI reports to MD for review and consideration.
- Liaise with receivers, prepare cash reports and accounts for bars managed on behalf of third parties.
- Supervise and manage the Accounts team to ensure adherence to requirements as well as accuracy, timeliness and efficiency in the preparation and provision of all relevant information. Ensure consistent and prudent approach to the management of all HR issues and matters.
- Engage and work closely with accountancy partners, operational, unit and other managers to manage and ensure on-going improvement in the performance of the Group.
A very competitive salary including bonus will be offered