Our client, a blue-chip global company focused on life-saving technology and services for Biotech industry, now seeks an experienced Product Sales Specialist for their AKTA technology. This technology will be fundamental for biological research in developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies.
This is a field-based technical sales role will operate within a matrix sales environment, focusing on laboratory-scale ÄKTA chromatography instruments and the associated consumable products with UPS which will help deliver better, faster and safer therapies, leading to better patient outcomes.
Key remit: the successful candidate will focus on Irish marketplace working closely with an account management team, the ÄKTA Sales Specialist provides customers with expert product knowledge, training and support, while working to generate sales from new and existing customers.
This hire will hunt for new business and working with ÄKTA customers to drive new sales through instrument replacement, adding capacity and competitor displacement. Technical responsibilities include running instrument demonstrations, customer training and application support.
The customer base in Ireland includes biotech and pharma accounts using laboratory-scale chromatography equipment for process development, process support and quality-control. Academic institutions using chromatography products for research will also add to customer base.
Requirements for AKTA Product Sales Specialist role:
- Bachelors’ Degree in a Life Science related discipline. Masters or PhD qualification gained working in the Life Science industry is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of proteins and chromatography, gained from working in Life Science research, or equivalent commercial experience.
- Extensive hands-on experience with ÄKTA chromatography systems and Unicorn software. Experience with ÄKTA pure and/or ÄKTA avant is highly desirable. Additional training will be provided.
- Experience of the bioprocess industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to travel is essential, since the role is customer-facing with 70-80% time in the field.
- Customer-centric attitude, able to balance the needs of the customer
- Ability to comprehend company technology and relate this information to others in an easy to understand way.
- Commercial experience is desirable.
Key skills required to be successful in this role:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in giving compelling technical seminars and/or product demonstrations is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence, plus experience of using these skills to participate in cross-functional teams.
- Positive attitude always, able to energize colleagues, collaborate and build rapport.
- Self-starter able to manage time and organise and prioritise workload.
- Persistence and tenacity in managing sales prospects and closing business.
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, internal and external.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals.
Please phone Larry on +353 1-2302400 / email@example.com
The RFT Group, Biopharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter