Our client is an ambitious fast growing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer. An exciting product pipeline scheduled for launch over the coming years will stretch and grow the person who holds this newly created Dublin based post.
Alliance Management maximizes the value of company partnerships by enabling collaborative behaviour, mitigating risk, facilitating effective governance and ensuring that the objectives of the alliance are achieved.
- Provide company partners with a single point of contact and coordinate clear communication
- Prepare and facilitate governance meetings with partners.
- Document key Alliance decisions, securing business approval from senior management when appropriate
- Proactively handle any governance issues that may arise related to contractual and project matters, internally and externally
- Identify business risks - providing alerts on issues relating to partner projects/ products
- Implement Alliance Management Best Practices and identify improvements in current practices
- Support the company business by working with internal stakeholders (Business Development, Finance, Legal, Project Management ,Operations, Supply Chain and R&D functions) to ensure partner relationships are managed appropriately
- Evaluate collaboration success through alliance metrics
- Provide senior management with regular reports on partner products
- Identify and share Alliance successes
- Ensure contractual obligations are delivered by company and by partners. This includes conducting workshops to operationalize new agreements and/or amendments
- To function as the contract operational expert – fielding queries from departments on provisions
- Negotiate amendments to contracts and follow-up projects (work plans)
- Review and approve workplans in conjunction with Legal
- To conduct financial analysis on partner projects, providing budget and forecast information to the business relating to royalties and milestone payments
- To identify ways of creating additional value for company product portfolio including making recommendations on terminations, revised terms etc.
- To manage pricing and milestone payment realisation
- To assist Finance group on credit collection where required
- Business or Life Sciences qualification or Degree plus post graduate in Finance/MBA or Qualified Accountant
- Well-developed understanding of the pharmaceutical business, acquired through a minimum 5 years industry experience in one or more of the following areas; business development, licensing, brand management, alliance management finance, project management
- Experience with dealing with internal and external customers at a senior level
- Broad knowledge of licensing transactions and deal structures
- Understand the commercial and scientific issues involved in making strategic decisions in the industry
- Able to thoroughly analyse market trends, P&Ls, and market research.
- Uses initiative and is proactive
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
- Strong people skills
- Ability to recognise key priorities and think ahead
- Excellent computing skills in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Assertive and seeks to influence outcome of decisions
- Focuses on high priority needs
- Demonstrates ability to identify underlying issues in complex situations
- Excellent proactive organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong financial skills
- Working in a busy and dynamic organisation
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Ability to cope under pressure.
- Professional manner and presentation
- Extremely confidential
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team environment
- Self starter
Please forward your CV application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2302400.