The Associate Supply Chain Manager is responsible for Supply Chain operational activities for a portfolio of internal/third party customers and internal/external suppliers to meet volume forecast targets. Includes management of internal/external Customers and Supplier Alliances, responsibility for the supply chain cycle for a portfolio of products, as well as responsibility for ERP-based sales and purchase order processing. In addition, the ASCM is responsible for all related product portfolio management activities. In this role, the ASCM will provide leadership and guidance to key stakeholders on the team and in wider business functions (e.g. Regulatory Affairs, Procurement, Finance, QA). The ASCM will assist the Supply Chain Director in the day-to-day operations for product supply and issue resolution.
REPORTS TO: Senior Supply Chain Manager, Global External Manufacturing (GEM)
- Interface with internal and third-party Distributors as well as internal/external Suppliers to resolve day-to-day supply chain and logistics issues. Includes issues related to product supply, forecast adjustments/variations, quality or regulatory issues, supplier service and customer performance. Escalation must be performed if agreement on solutions cannot be reached.
- Lead and prepare regular (monthly) cross-functional demand and supply review meetings with internal and external partners. Documenting the meeting minutes and action log.
- Execute the ERP-based purchase and sales order processes (both internal and external customers) from receiving incoming orders, placing purchase orders, through confirming and tracking shipments to delivery and payment to meet customer requirements. It is imperative that all month/quarter end deliveries are tracked and receipted on time for sales revenue recognition, and all deliveries at risk (3rd party & interco) are identified to Supply Chain and Financial management.
- Support accurate and timely invoicing to customer and work closely with Corporate Finance Accounts Receivable on open issues.
- Manage the relationship with carriers and customs to assure timely and continuous supply.
- Track shipping activities for adherence to agreed lead-times and schedules, and work with appropriate internal / external parties to expedite activities as needed. It is critical that where 3rd Parties are managing the freight that the incumbent works closely with them to ensure the product is dispatched in line with shipping schedule to meet the sales forecast.
- Communicate supply chain/logistics issues and delays promptly, and facilitate resolution as needed.
- Maintains up to date files of assigned product portfolio by SKU, lead-time, expiry date and obsolescence.
- Contributes to ensuring the maintenance of a robust and efficient Supply Chain data archiving system.
- Manage the Supply Chain through a firm understanding of your customer/supplier contracts. Maintain compliance with the contract requirements as identified through CPA notifications and resolve in the timelines defined.
- Engage in the Technical Transfer (TT) process for products in your portfolio as a team member a well on new product launches, ensuring that you influence the processes to complete as per the timelines and per the contract requirements. Escalating at an appropriate time to ensure compliance to timelines and contract.
- Participate & drive Continuous Improvement in the supply chain by identifying issues and root cause analysis to improve the supply chain effectiveness & efficiency.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external contacts in manufacturing, packaging suppliers, supply chain, Regulatory Affairs, Finance and QA.
- Maintains records and prepares reports relating to Customer and Supplier performance with respect to timing, quantity and planning horizons.
- Monitors and improves Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the assigned portfolio of Customers/Suppliers.
- Contributes to periodic (daily, monthly) supply chain reports to facilitate monitoring of operational supply chain activity.
- Comply with internal SOPs, appropriate legislation and company policies including but limited to SOX & Quality Management System.
- Participate on ERP implementation and support local and global projects.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree required and APICS certified an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain experience in a regulated pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, packaging and labelling of the pharmaceutical products in a cGMP environment.
- Experience with active participation in Change Control, New Product launches and Tech Transfers processes in a GMP environment, representing Supply Chain.
- Experience in CMO Management.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and comfortable dealing with individuals from different functional areas within an organization, including Quality, Regulatory, Artwork and Technical Departments.
- Understanding contracts and liability of different Incoterms.
- Experience working with an ERP system and performing all inventory and sales order processing transactions. Experience in SAP and Oracle-PeopleSoft is an addition.
- Effective analytical and Project Management skills with demonstrated success in problem-solving.
Check out all our open jobs on our Recruitment website: www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Facebook, Linked-in, Twitter