Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Buyer.
The role of the Buyer is to build strong supplier relationships and implement supply agreements, and to participate on cross functional teams on NPI projects. To ensure materials are purchased in line with MPS requirements and stock is optimised to meet requirements.
This is a permanent role based in The Midlands with excellent progression opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of Buyer ??
- Negotiating and implementing Supply Agreement.
- Carrying out regular business reviews with key suppliers.
- Preparing requests for quotations and soliciting quotations.
- Working with Engineering and other departments on cross functional NPI projects
- Effective planning/coordinating ordering of raw materials items to support manufacturing plants in line with agreed production plan.
- Release of purchase orders to suppliers in line with MRP timelines
- Maintain PO accuracy targeting zero receiving & invoice discrepancies.
- Ensure that all purchasing procedures are adhered to by the company, vendors and carriers in line with GMP.
- Ensure forecasts are sent to key suppliers in accordance to agreed requirements.
- To interface with the production department and the warehouse to determine material requirements to ensure the timely supply of approved material to production.
- Support Purchasing Manager, to meet purchasing KPIs, team goals and other objectives as required.
- Diploma /Degree qualified or relevant experience.
- 2-3 years' experience within FDA regulated Industry such as Pharma/Med device
- ERP Knowledge and good IT skills. Experience with Oracle ERP would be a preferable.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint).
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / email@example.com / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on??Twitter,??Facebook??and??LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.