My client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a Commodity Manager.
The Commodity Manager will be responsible for establishing and implementing strategic plans for the Supply management. You will also be responsible for the up keep of a supply base ensuring materials are delivered in a time-efficient manner and within the company's budget. You will work as part of a team and report to the Director of Global Sourcing.
This is an initial one year contract based in the MIdlands commutable from parts of Dublin and Galway
Key Responsibilities of Commodity Manager:
- You will be responsible for the management of commercial relationships to ensure there is a readily supply available for the manufacture of products .
- Manage and introduce sourcing plans for commodities in support of continuous operations.
- Organise and execute reviews for contract agreements and to evaluate the performance of suppliers and establish improvement plans for key suppliers.
- Supports continuous management of risk assessments and business reviews.
- Establish Early Supplier Involvement Programs to improve standards and lower costs.
- Liaise with investors within manufacturing both internal and external, Quality, Engineering and Supply Chain to form and carry out business opportunities and resolve situations in a professional manner.
- Frequent reporting on key subjects to senior management.
- Examine data to identify opportunities and follow through with decisions to drive the company.
- Support procedures monthly SBR Schedule reporting, S&OP reporting, monthly PPV reporting, semi-annual risk assessments and semi-annual sourcing team off-sites etc.
- Manage and ensure conformity across the supply base as fitting e.g BAA/TAA, RoHS, C-TPAT, Dodd-Frank, REACH, etc.
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Engineering / Business/Supply Chain .
- 5-7 years' experience in purchasing management within a multinational manufacturing environment.
- Sourcing/Supplier management of multiple suppliers, negotiating contracts and establishing a second-source supply base.
- Knowledge and experience in an ongoing deadline driven environment with a proven recording of cost reductions and savings annually.
- Technical knowledge of medical devices and able to understand complex items related to customer and equipment specifications.
- Demonstrated negotiation and a combining style of work to achieve results.
- Experience with MS Office i.e. Advanced Excel, Word, Power Point and Access.Oracle experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Travel requirements (international & domestic) - between 10% to 20%.
- Six Sigma/Lean certification, professional certification (CPSM, CSCP, CPM, CPIM).
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.