Data Manager Dublin pharma
Our client is a young science driven pharmaceutical company based in Dublin.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, and working closely with colleagues across the organisation this role will require an IT professional with the experience to design, build, operate and monitor the IT, data collection and management, and communications systems for a rapidly developing life sciences business with a complex, multi-site operation and significant elements of remote working. You will be a significant contributor to the business, and will ensure the smooth running of the IT, communications and data management infrastructure. You will be the focal point for all developments in this field. In particular, you will:
- Design, commission, build and operate the IT infrastructure (hardware and software) required by the business, including
- Office 635 and SharePoint for daily operations
- IntraLinks for due diligence and closing documentation archives
- Servers and systems capacity for the collection and secure storage of research and development data, clinical trials data and all other document storage
- Telecoms systems, including fixed line office capacity, mobile capacity and VOIP protocol systems,video and/or voice conferencing.
- Monitor vendor performance and systems integrity to ensure provision of a stable and secure IT environment.
- Ensure all software upgrades are executed in a timely fashion with minimum disruption.
- Ensure the highest standards of data and systems security, commensurate with the requirements of best practice in in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements, GLP, and data protection legislation for the collection, storage and traceability of clinical trial data and research data
- Provide secure data collection, storage and access systems for all necessary corporate data, including but not limited to financial, HR, company legal and other documentation and records.
- Develop and implement IT, communication and data access, operation and security policies to protect the security and integrity of all data management. Ensure that all employees are aware, trained and in compliance with such policies.
- Be accountable to the CFO for the capital expenditure and operating costs of the IT and communications infrastructure
The Data Manager should have a profile that is closely aligned to the following.
- Degree level education, and appropriate continuous professional development and certification in IT, telecommunications and related fields.
- Experience of, or exposure to the standards, protocols and requirements for IT and data management in a best practice pharmaceutical industry research and development environment
- Awareness of the data collection protocols of clinical trials, and in particular, awareness of the standards associated with patient confidentiality
- A track record of building IT and communications infrastructure for a rapidly developing business
- Experience of building and managing infrastructure for a multi-site environment and cross-border workingA positive, constructive and team-oriented work style, able to operate through influence and effective communication, and able to engage others around common goals
- Well organised, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- High energy, commitment and willingness to align to the values of the business
Follow us on…..