My client, a medical devices manufacturer based in Munster now seek a Device Test Engineer.
The Device Test Engineer will be responsible for providing manufacturing test engineering support and expertise in the testing and failure analysis of implantable electronic medical devices. They will provide direction and mentoring of a technical team to improve product quality, test yields and performance of electronic manufacturing systems, fixtures and process.
This is a permanent position with excellent advancement opportunities and very good salary and benefits.
Responsibilities of Device Test Engineer:
- The ability to perform failure analysis on electronic test failures to get to root cause to component level for implantable electronic medical devices.
- Using knowledge of standard test software applications, able to work with in-house and external software developers to define and drive improvements and changes to test software applications and systems to improve test yields.
- Work with cross functional groups to improve product quality, lean efficiency’s and test system efficiency’s and reduction in production fallout.
- Performs tests, analyzes data, writes reports and executes validations to medical device standards.
- Excellent data analysis and technical problem-solving skills, utilizing common applications and in-house component and device tracking systems.
- Utilizing good documentation skills complete regulatory submissions using change notice process and procedures.
- Work daily with quality, manufacturing engineering and operations, providing improvement feedback and assisting with resolution of quality and manufacturing issues.
- Degree in Electronic or Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Min 3 years’ experience in a regulated Electronic Industry in a Test Engineering / Programming role in both Hardware and Software.
- LabVIEW, C/C++ programming knowledge an advantage.
- PCB design experience in OrCAD or Altium and advantage
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.