Our client is an exciting ambitious fast growing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer. An exciting product pipeline scheduled for launch over the coming years will stretch and grow the person who holds this newly created Dublin based post.
Own, lead and manage the contracting process and strategy for development and commercial contracting activities associated with proprietary commercial and pipeline products.
Partner with Legal, Finance, Process Development, Quality, Technical Operations, EHSS, and other SME functions across the internal network, to deliver contracts aligned with business goals.
Lead business relationship management activity for key Vendors/CMO's developing mutually beneficial relationships.
Lead and ensure contract compliance in accordance with contractual terms, with business partners.
Develop and implement sustainable management systems within the contracting space.
Develop & implement a governance process across the external network of Vendors and CMO's for development and commercial business partners.
Develop, implement and maintain risk assessment tools to evaluate vendor risk profiles and establish remediation strategies/plans to improve supply chain robustness
Establish KPI's, vendor scorecards and management oversight for business partners.
Establish working partnerships with the broader Supply Chain team and the External Operations team, set and maintain high-performance standards across the Vendor network.
Establish mechanisms for early identification of poor Vendor/CMO performance and work with Vendor/CMO to address.
Establish a working partnership with the Technical Operations function in supporting activities including but not limited to technology transfer and vendor selection.
Establish, monitor continuous improvement initiatives & performance measures with an external network.
Portray a culture consistent with corporate culture and values across the vendor network.
Identify key competency gaps with business partners and work with vendors to address.
Assist with preparation and management of Supply Chain budget.
Develop strong internal collaborations with stakeholders to ensure stakeholder satisfaction.
Establish and staff a team to deliver on business objectives.
Lead, mentor, coach the team assigned to your area of responsibility.
Ensure that personnel assigned to your area of responsibility are appropriately trained commensurate with their roles & responsibilities.
Identify and lead continuous improvement/ best practice projects & processes across the Supply Chain and Operations function, and work collaboratively to align with business strategy.
Represent the organisation externally as required to deliver the responsibilities of the role.
- Bachelors in life sciences or business major required, advanced degree preferred.
- Legal experience or legal qualification would be advantageous.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in life sciences within global pharmaceutical technical operations.
- Minimum 8 years of contract negotiation, contract management and vendor management experience.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience in people management/leadership roles.
- Demonstrated negotiation & contracting skills are key to the role.
- Strong understanding of budgeting and spend management.
- General knowledge of and experience working in a GMP environment.
- Awareness of CFR's as they apply to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office and ERP (SAP preferred)
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated communication, influencing, collaboration and technical writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills required and knowledge depth of subject matter to converse with Vendors, CMO's, external partners and internal functions
- Demonstrated problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with other functional areas of the organisation, working in a matrixed global environment.
- Travel - domestic and international - expected to be in the region of 25%.
Please forward your CV application to Gerry Kennedy Director at The RFT Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2302400.