|Director, Corporate Project Management|
Our client is a highly successful global pharmaceutical manufacturer, currently undergoing dynamic growth and expansion.
Our client is seeking an experienced Strategic Project Manager to support key programs for the Ireland facility within their corporate project portfolio. This person manages the overall site project portfolio and reporting for the key projects in line with Corporate Strategy. This position will work closely with Operations leadership and other Operations Project Managers to support the Corporate Project Management Office (CPMO).
This person will play a key role in the corporate project management of cross functional activities within our programs, partnering closely with a team of Project Managers as well as members of senior management to report on project plans, timelines, budgets, and key project risks within the Corporate PMO portfolio.
Areas of responsibility will include:
- Facilitates development and execution of integrated projects and strategic plans, including:
- Support the creation and maintenance of the CPMO project portfolio
- Support critical corporate projects for Operations (projects that meet the CPMO criteria) through proactive portfolio management
- Responsible for facilitation of managing project selection, project status and prioritization.
- Responsible for reporting on project budgets, timelines, and risks to the CPMO team.
- Ensure clear and open communication and fostering proactive cross-functional integration and decision making across all areas and sites
- Provides overall project management support and guidance to project teams
- Work as a member of the CPMO to share, standardize and implement best-practices at an enterprise level education on project processes and best practices
- Develop project planning, execution monitoring, change management and project close out processes to improve overall performance and competency.
We’re looking for an individual who values the team dynamic, is a strong collaborator, is organizationally savvy, excels in a matrixed-management/leadership environment, and enjoys working on the details without losing sight of the larger organizational goals.
- BS/MS in a scientific or engineering discipline, with 12+ years of relevant pharmaceutical experience
- PMP certified or equivalent a plus
- Experience managing direct reports within the project management function
- Prior experience managing cross functional product development teams with timeline-management and budgetary experience
- Expert knowledge of MS Project and MS Excel, knowledge of project management systems, e.g. Smartsheet
- Exceptional verbal/written communication, time/resource management, attention to detail, interpersonal and organization skills