Responsible for the leadership and management of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) strategies and systems in support of overall site objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership to the site regarding all aspects of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) risk management.
- Oversee the implementation and evolution of the EHSS strategy; establish long term plans; collaborate with key stakeholders to integrate site goals, annual objectives and programmes of work.
- Positively influence and collaborate with colleagues to enhance a self-sustaining EHSS culture; sponsor and actively drive the evolution of the company’s proprietary behavioural risk programme.
- Proactively steer site-wide efforts regarding environmental stewardship and sustainability.
- Coordinate the site EHSS team and wider site efforts to ensure compliance across the full range of EHSS aspects including but not limited to: EPA licences; relevant health and safety regulations; facility security requirements; process safety; chemical and biological safety (including Industrial Hygiene monitoring); occupational health.
- Ensure the EHSS team has the correct skills and competencies to manage the risk profile of the site; implement continued professional development plans; facilitate career progression potential.
- Ensure that EHSS procedures, programmes and practises are integrated into business operations; measure the efficacy of results; communicate lessons learned from investigations and other sources of information e.g. gap analyses, risk assessments.
- Implement effective but lean EHSS risk management methodologies for site operations and R&D, including capital projects and new product introductions at all scales.
- Instil a lifecycle-based gatekeeping approach for change management to ensure efficacy of identified risk controls.
- Oversee the site’s emergency and crisis management plans and teams; ensure related plans are optimised, tested and effective; take a key role in development of site’s business continuity plans.
- Actively support the deployment of Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma methodologies; develop relevant leading and lagging KPI’s to inform opportunities for continual improvement.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts; ensure financial discipline; drive efficiencies and identify/ implement opportunities for cost reduction.
- Ensure documentation is prepared and updated in line with all regulatory guidelines and promote compliance to EHSS and cGMP regulatory requirements.
- In all areas of activity seek to evaluate, implement and demonstrate best industry practice.
- Participate on the Global EHSS Leadership Team:
Support the development/ implementation of EHSS risk management objectives and programmes that enhance enterprise EHSS risk resilience.
Support the development of Corporate EHSS policies/ procedures to enable consistency across the enterprise.
Develop the Subject Matter Expert (SME) network and coordinate Athlone SME input to Corporate EHSS initiatives/ cross site support as required by the business.
Support the Corporate EHSS third party risk management programme (as required).
Share best practices and learnings across the enterprise.
- Strong people management and influencing/ negotiations experience.
- Strong project management abilities
- Clear concise logical thought processes.
- Capable of interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to manage and execute several activities and projects at once.
- High level of numeracy
- Logical and problem-solving skills.
- Calm, self-confident, good with people.
- Takes initiative to introduce new ideas and implement them.
- Responsive to change and championing it.
TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION
EXTERNAL FOCUS: PATIENTS, SHAREHOLDERS