Our client is a highly successful global pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Own, lead and manage company External Operations Risk Management Process.
- Own, lead and manage the contracting process for commercial contracting activities associated with company proprietary commercial and pipeline products (excluding Quality agreements).
- Responsible to ensure that there are robust commercial agreements in place to cover all service types with all commercial suppliers, aligned with company policies and appropriate spend levels.
- Accountable for the development and negotiation of commercial supply agreements, and other ancillary contracts on behalf of the company.
- Partner with Commercial Supply Chain, Legal, Finance, Quality, Technical Operations, EHSS, and other functions across the internal network, to deliver value driven contracts aligned with business goals.
- Partner with Quality to ensure alignment between Commercial Supply and Commercial Quality Agreements.
- Partner with External Operations colleagues including Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) to identify, manage and mitigate risk across the internal and external commercial and clinical network, including contractual risks.
- Continuously improve the Risk Management process, integrate with other key supply chain processes.
- Evolve company risk management approach to a best practice process including incorporation of business continuity planning.
- Lead and influence cross-functional teams in the areas of contract negotiations and risk management.
- Appraise the External Operations Leadership team of areas of high risk to the business as well as mitigation strategies.
- Support the External Operations sourcing strategy.
- Assist with preparation of and compliance with budgets.
- Bachelors in life sciences or business major required, master’s preferred.
- Minimum 12 years progressive experience in the pharma, biopharma or life sciences industry.
- Legal experience or qualification would be advantageous.
- Experience in contract development & negotiation with demonstrated delivered value.
- 5 years’ experience and demonstrated track record in business continuity planning and network risk management preferable.
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain processes and Supplier Relationship Management concepts.
- Experience working in a regulated industry with quality management system is desirable, including general knowledge of GMP and CFR’s.
- Demonstrated flexibility in adapting to external environmental influences through development of new strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated track record in leading and influencing professional cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills required to effectively address problems and interface with other functional areas of the company while working in a global environment.
- Position based in Ireland. Travel domestic and international – up to 20%.
Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org