Director Program Management & Planning, Medical Devices
|Job Title:||Director Program Management & Planning, Medical Devices|
|Contact Name:||Larry O’Leary|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our client, a multinational medtech company, now seek a Director who will provide Project Management & Planning leadership to the Global Device Development organization. This hire will be accountable for leading specific device projects including leading multi-disciplinary teams in the development to drug-delivery devices.
The successful candidate will lead and manage core team responsible for device program, generate & maintain integrated project plans, resource forecasts, technical and business risk registers and budgets to enable the Programme Team to meet strategic imperatives.
Director Program Management & Planning, Medical Devices:
- Partners with cross-functional teams across Global Device Development, and other team members in partner organisations, to lead the creation of integrated project plans.
- Responsible for contract management with partner organisations to enable delivery of the project with the most appropriate use of internal and external resources.
- In partnership with Programme team, drive generation of development options, assess value, cost and time.
- Drives the team to deliver to project timelines to meet/or exceed key milestones, decision points with a full understanding of critical path activities.
- Works with the team to manage schedule conflict issues and resource peaks/troughs, and where appropriate escalate to in a timely fashion.
- Directly participates in and contributes to project and protocol teams to discuss, review, and optimize protocol and project schedules.
- Works with partner lines/disciplines within Scientific Affairs, Commercial Operations, Commercial Development to identify opportunities and solutions to enable the development programme.
- Manages budgets and forecasts ($) against targets and actuals.
- Leads team in preparation, implementation and maintenance of integrated project risk management plan.
- Continuous improvement of project plans, plan generation, plan utilization, and report delivery. .
- Responsible for quality of schedule data through review of monitoring/management of the plan with the team members.
- Provides timely reporting to the programme team members, alerting them to the possibility of endangered / missed or conflicting milestones, as well as critical path activities.
Requirements for Program Management & Planning, Medical Devices:
- Bachelors' Degree in a pharmaceutical science or engineering discipline is required.
- Advanced Higher Degree, PhD, MSc or MBA is desirable.
- Proficient user of project management planning software (MSP), and able to demonstrate experience of using project management methodologies.
- Experience as Project Manager and/or Senior project planner on drug development programmes.
- Knowledge of drug-delivery technologies within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven experience of exerting leadership and influencing skills.
- Proven experience leading multidisciplinary teams across multiple products, sites and operating cultures.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with /managing and influencing external partners.
Please contact Larry on +353 1-2302400 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. http://www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Key words; New Product Development, NPD, NPI, Project management, programme management, Commercial Launch, Design Engineering, Medical Devices, Meath, Louth, Kildare, Dublin, Leinster.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available