External Supply Chain, Associate Director Dublin
Our client is an exciting ambitious fast growing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer. An exciting product pipeline scheduled for launch over the coming years will stretch and grow the person who holds this post.
- · Lead supply planning processes for commercial products in the internal and external network.
- · Ensure effective operation of the External Supply Chain to provide timely delivery of finished goods in accordance with commercial requirements.
- · Ensure that all supply chain systems and processes used in the supply of finished goods are in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, cGMP and company policy.
- · Partner with the External Operations team, Manufacturing sites and Finance to build the necessary processes required to deliver finished goods in accordance with demand.
- · Partner with the Commercial Supply Chain team to develop an inventory management process for multiple products, and take preventative actions to avoid potential supply issues.
- · Build a robust Supply Chain by collaborating with the External Operations team and other stakeholders to conduct appropriate Supply Chain risk assessments and implement mitigations as necessary.
- · Contribute to the monthly sales and operations planning (S&OP) process by conducting the necessary analysis and preparing appropriate reports.
- · Establish and manage metric scorecards and KPI’s for supply chain demand and supply activities.
- · Provide input to the Supply Chain organisation in developing appropriate business strategies.
- · Assist with preparation of budget.
- · Develop strong internal collaborative relationships with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- · Lead, manage, motivate, mentor and coach direct reports.
- · Ensure that individuals assigned to your team have adequate knowledge, training and education to conduct their duties in a safe, compliant, effective and efficient manner.
- Maintain and enhance job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; use of professional publications; alignment with professional organizations, maintaining personal networks.
- · Identify and lead continuous improvement/ best practice projects & processes across the External Operations function, and work collaboratively to implement aligned with business strategy.
- Represent the organisation externally as required to deliver the responsibilities of the role.
- · Portray a culture consistent with company culture and values across the internal and external network
- Bachelors in life sciences or business major required, Masters preferred.
- 9 years’ experience in demand and supply planning roles, preferably in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- 5 years’ experience in people management/leadership roles.
- Supply Chain management experience supporting both internal manufacturing and external contract manufacturing organizations is desirable.
- APICS or IIPMM certification preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of supply chain planning best practices and support systems
- Demonstrated experience in inventory management and forecasting drug supply needs
- Knowledge and application of S&OP process.
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor a metrics performance package for the internal & external network.
- Strong understanding of budgeting and strategic planning process.
- General knowledge of cGMP.
- Knowledge of controlled substances & associated import/export regulations would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with large scale ERP systems; SAP preferred.
- Established track record with evidence of strong people management experience, project management, problem solving, collaborative, leadership and communication skills.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills required to effectively address problems and interface with other functional areas of the company.
- Self-directed with an ability to network with people across the organization and with external partners
- High attention to detail and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Travel – up to 20%.
Please forward your CV application to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01 2302400.