Our client a leading Multinational Healthcare company now required an experienced Firmware Engineer.
The Firmware Engineer is responsible for firmware and software programming of medical devices and systems and work as part of a team responsible for designing a range of medical devices including implantable.
This is a permanent role based in Munster with a good salary and benefits.
Responsibilities for Firmware Engineer
- The engineer will develop embedded firmware and software in accordance with medical industry and company software standards.
- Preferred programming languages are C and C# on embedded and Linux platforms
- Develop complete Firmware and software solutions.
- Work closely with the hardware team to define the architecture of new products.
- Microcontroller selection for new designs.
- Develop Bluetooth communications solutions for medical devices and apps.
- Debug, verification and validation of design.
- Document design progress and activity.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Participate in cross functional product development.
- Demonstrate best-in-class software development methodologies.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues to develop robust designs meeting all of the required design inputs.
- Bachelors/ Master's degree in Computer science / Electronic engineering, or related field (Ideally in medical devices / regulated industry).
- 4+ years' experience developing embedded code in C or C++.
- Having worked in Medical device software systems is an advantage but not mandatory.
- Experience with Microcontrollers such Microchip, Atmel and TI.
- Experience with motor control and fluidics an advantage.
- Familiarity with popular interfaces: CAN, UART, I2C, SPI, RS232, RS422
- Embedded fundamentals: Timers, PWM, ADC, DAC, DMA, Watchdog, Interrupts, Power saving etc
- Proficiency in understanding electronics schematics and use of lab test equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyser, signal generator, etc.)
- Android Application development would be an advantage
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.