Our Client is recruiting for the permanent opportunity of Formulation Staff Scientist (Associate Director) within the Pharm R&D Formulation Development department.
Lead a team of highly experienced Formulation Scientists, designing of formulations and potentially novel drug delivery systems, as required, for proprietary products. Demonstrate initiative in idea generation, experimental design, and understanding of literature and interpretation of results. Develop experimental ideas, write reports with minimal consultation.
Be capable of performing tasks with a focus on Oral formulation, OCR & conventional solid dosage forms with the following processes, as applicable to on-going projects: Granulation, Tabletting, IR/SR Bead Manufacture, Coating, encapsulation, etc.
Continue to develop knowledge in relevant subject areas and expand breadth of knowledge, including areas outside of direct function, with a view to transferring to others.
Identify and implement formulation development / optimisation programmes with clear objectives for the relevant projects for approval by Senior Management, participate actively in relevant project team meetings, providing consultation and leadership to teams and act as a role model for high standards of performance. Involved in training of inexperienced personnel in theoretical and practical aspects of standard and non-standard procedures / approaches, acquire/develop new formulation approaches in line with project requirements.
Be capable of performing to a high quality, the following as applicable to project work: interpret formulation, analytical, bioanalytical data and provide trouble-shooting input on a formulation level and a processing level.
- Execute technical work to a high standard, as appropriate, to relevant projects using standard procedures and non-standard procedures of some complexity.
- Develop and evaluate systems to optimise formulation processes.
- Demonstrate on going familiarity with literature and incorporate observations/information into formulation programmes.
- Utilise data from literature surveys on a regular basis to support experimental / developmental work.
- Comply with all aspects of cGMP, Safety and Environmental regulations and Company policies, which impacts on doing the job.
- Work as a team member and take on leadership opportunities to actively participate in achieving the aims and goals of the project team.
- Communicate issues, data and resolution ideas within R&D in a timely manner to permit objectives to be met and to confirm solutions to problems with Senior Management. Highlight critical issues promptly.
- Prepare timely, concise and accurate reports on work performed and outlining plans for future work.
- Prepare and present presentations internally and externally.
Minimum of a scientific Bachelor's degree (Chemistry/Physics/Formulation Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry/Pharmaceutical sciences/Pharmacy) and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in solid oral dosage forms is essential. People management experience is important. Experience in OCR is a plus. Experience in physical chemistry techniques and applications and material science is a plus.
Please forward your CV application to email@example.com or call 01 2302400.