With a deeply experienced leadership team who possess an outstanding track record of developing innovative clinical assets, our client already has multiple assets in clinical development and is building the next generation biotechnology company.
They now have a newly created role of Clinical Development Lead, who ideally will be based in Ireland and operate from the company office or own home based, when not travelling. Travel is circa 70%, mainly throughout Europe and other international travel.
The successful hire will be an expert in cardiology for the company responsible for building and managing relationships with, KOLs, clinical trial investigators and research staff to ensure full engagement throughout the course of the study.
Key Responsibilities for Global Clinical Development Lead:
- Identification, evaluation and initiation of clinical trial sites in the field of the therapeutic area.
- Assist Phase II/III studies in recruitment planning and strategy development.
- Work in conjunction with the CRO and Clinical Operations team to resolve site challenges, support recruitment and answer protocol related questions during trial execution.
- Educate medical community on company and developmental products.
- Day to day contact directly with KOLs/OLs, investigators, study coordinators and other healthcare practitioners.
- Provide clinical and scientific support in all aspects of the clinical development program, including design, preparation, conduct, monitoring, analyses, and reporting of the study.
- Medical Degree (MD) highly desirable. PharmD or PhD in relevant therapeutic area will suffice.
- 5+ years of relevant clinical development / research experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry or clinical setting.
- Prior knowledge of European territory, prior relationships with KOLs/OLs, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in clinical development, including: protocol development, clinical trial design, study start-up, clinical trial execution, logistics, and evaluation, etc.
- Proven expertise in providing scientific context on specific protocol variables as well as discuss applicable disease states and competitor intelligence, complimentary to the work of CRAs / Clinical Operations, CROs, etc.
- Knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements in clinical trials and drug development.
- Superb communicator of technical and scientific information, multilingual a plus.
- Valid passport enabling you to travel throughout EU region without restriction and internationally, as required.
- Ability to effectively present complex data and strategy to large groups.
- Exhibits high motivation and high energy level, self-starter.
- Able to travel 70% including international travel.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter