TheGlobal Supply Chain Procurement Lead will work with cross functional stakeholders and decision-makers to develop and implement sourcing strategies and methodology to rationalise and manage our client?s spend portfolios.
The Procurement lead will work with management to more formally stand-up strategic sourcing capability across the corporation, establish a centre-led function, and serve as an internal procurement business partner across the corporation?s functional areas that requiring procurement and sourcing support.
The scope of this role may include the following:
Strategic sourcing, Vendor negotiation, Category Spend Analysis and Management, Vendor Relationship Management, and Vendor Master Data Ownership.
The Procurement Lead will be expected to deliver cost reductions across the business as well as create value and competitive advantage to the company.
This position is set at Associate Director, Supply Chain level equivalent.
- Implement and serve in a business partner role to key functional and project leaders to proactively support their sourcing and procurement needs.
- Lead the development and execution of strategies for significant sourcing transactions.
- Provide project management oversight of RFx processes including: but not limited to the development of the requirements, drafting RFP documents, competitive bid analysis, facilitate team meetings and vendor sessions and negotiating terms and price with the vendors.
- Manage and lead Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) activities for strategic suppliers to drive continuous improvement, resolve complex vendor performance issues and coordinate new opportunities of mutual benefit to all parties.
- Perform industry vendor analysis and market benchmarking
- Install and optimize internal sourcing processes, work flows, and stakeholder interfaces. Develop these processes into best practices. Ensure ideal selection and contracting outcomes that support corporate objectives including reduced time of delivery and costs.
- Conduct category spend analysis. Identify and pursue opportunities for spend optimization and savings across the corporation.
- Vendor master data ownership
- Spend reporting
- Degree level education, with APICS or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills to be able to engage confidently with key stakeholders at all level across the organisation
- Preferred candidates will have a proven track record in global supply chain management to include purchasing and management of external manufacturers within the pharmaceutical, medical device, or food industries,
- Good communicator
- Exposure to a global operation
- Ability to understand and work with a number of different cultures
- Understanding of ERP systems and processes
- Strong project management as well as process implementation skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret information about the supply chain for effective and successful resolution to problems that occur because of inadequate supply or incorrect forecast.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Project, Visio.
- 25% travel required.
Follow us on Facebook, Linked-in, twitter