Head of Marketing and Communications (Dublin)
The Head of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for the development and execution of the global marketing and communications strategy for this ambitious fast expanding Dublin based company serving the global pharmaceutical industry.
The appointee will also be responsible for planning, organising, staffing, training and managing all marketing and communications functions to achieve company objectives of sales, growth, profitability and visibility, while ensuring a strong brand equity as well as consistent messaging and positioning for the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketing Strategy: provide leadership among executive staff on strategic direction, issues and initiatives related to brand, marketing, user acquisition and adoption.
- Create, manage, co-ordinate and execute marketing and communications strategy for the business.
- Implement tactical plans required to execute marketing and communications strategy – ensure timely and effective execution of marketing tactics and programs; adapting plans to new events or offerings where required.
- Provide marketing expertise and management to meet client recruitment objectives by:
- Marketing the college so that prospective target audience are aware of its standing and reputation, the learning opportunities it provides and the benefits of attending a programme.
- Promoting programmes so that the appropriate number and quality of applications is received for each programme.
- Understand the company's business strategy to develop the marketing strategy and implement marketing objectives and activities, on time and within budget, to ensure the required levels of student recruitment.
- Establish and execute multi-channel integrated campaigns in order to meet recruitment targets.
- Understand the programmes on offer (all formats) and the career opportunities and benefits of studying.
- Understand and advise upon the market and the sector as required, using market research, and assess the competitive position to ensure the programme portfolio meets students’ needs.
- Develop and implement the company's event calendar and attend events when required.
- Line manage the Marketing Coordinator and forge a collaborative relationship with the senior stakeholders
- Manage agencies and suppliers.
- Develop marketing assets, including digital and printed materials, merchandise, and event staging.
- Responsible for PR, external comms, and testimonials.
- Manage all digital assets including website, social, and partner and referral websites.
- Drive branding, value proposition development, competitive strategy and develop messaging and communication platform. Drive brand consistency.
- Develop and participate in business partnerships activities across the entire organisation (education and technology).
- Identify, interpret and capitalise on market trends (national and international) as they relate to marketing activities.
- Develop and prepare key messaging and presentation material for sales management, working closely with sales team.
- Measure effectiveness of marketing and communications function (and staff within) and implement improvements as required.
Person Spec :
- Relevant academic qualification in marketing. Science / engineering qualifications / MBA offers distinct advantage.
- Proven track record in International marketing and communications experience in pharma industry, Life Science or Education Sectors.
- Leadership skills that motivate staff to exceed expectations.
- Proven ability to develop, lead and implement a proactive marketing organisation and ensure accountability for results that maximise contribution to business objectives.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Self-motivated, autonomous, creative and detail oriented.
- Travel up to 20% on a regular basis.( Principally throughout Ireland )
- Proven ability to work with external business partners and vendors.
- Proven ability in implementing effective Digital Marketing Strategies
Cv to firstname.lastname@example.org 01 2302400