Our client is a global leader in veterinary medicine. With an established presence in over 130 countries the business has grown dramatically over the past fifty years through a combination of outstanding innovation from its own research and development team as well as its own organic growth.
Head of Research and Development, offers an exciting opportunity to lead the R&D team comprising Pharmaceutical – Formulations Chemistry, Analytical Laboratories and R&D Technical Services: Clinical – Clinical Laboratories, Study Directors, Data Analysts, Licensees; Technical support and Pharmacovigilance functions) in the development, scale-up, technology transfer and characterisation of new products and where required participate in the troubleshooting of product/method issues as part of lifecycle management. Leading a team of over 100 staff operating to both GMP and GLP standards, all activities will be executed in accordance with the Company’s Quality Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, and the quality standards set by the company.
- To provide strategic leadership to the Research and Development Department for all new product introductions and in the lifecycle management of existing products
- To oversee the management of all R&D projects ensuring they meet delivery milestones on time and in full and within budget.
- Coordinate with partner lines to effectively progress new product development and maximize resources (staff and equipment)
- Liaise with senior staff throughout the organisation to ensure that R&D system is functioning properly and ensure smooth running between various departments
- To direct the innovation team in the performance of their role in assessing and identifying new product opportunities
- Ensure the R&D Department is adequately equipped in terms of staff, equipment and facilities
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment within the laboratories, following all COSHH and other Health and Safety requirements; liaise with the company Health and Safety teams as required
- To identify areas for continuous improvement within the team and highlight to department
- To manage the R&D budget and to ensure continual review of actual spend vs budget
- To actively contribute to securing and managing Grant applications for external finance assistance for R&D projects.
- To lead an active role in troubleshooting technical issues cross functionally.
- To ensure all work undertaken within the group complies to current guidance (USP, Ph Eur, (V)ICH), and industry best practice.
- To maintain an awareness of current trends and developing technologies
- Management of staff to ensure that they acquire, and apply, the skills necessary for undertaking their duties in an effective manner.
- Undertake informal and formal review of direct report employee performance.
- Manage and mentor groups to ensure work is carried out in support of projects to agreed timelines
- Drive a culture of ownership and accountability empowering all direct reports to manage and develop their teams to their full capability
- Hosting and overseeing audits from Governmental Regulatory Agencies (e.g. FDA, VMD, IMB, MHRA, etc)
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by management.
CV to Gerry Kennedy The RFT Group email@example.com 01 2302400