Investment Analyst life science venture capital
Our client is a long established highly successful venture capital company currently looking to strengthen their life science team in Dublin. They wish to hire a highly motivated life science professional as an Investment Analyst. The position requires the ability to identify and evaluate early stage life science investment opportunities from Third level Research Institutions in Ireland, covering medical devices, diagnostics and therapeutics. They are looking for a candidate with superb medical understanding and strong dedication to innovation in the life science space. You are self-motivated and a good team player. The successful candidate will report to an Investment Director.
Job Spec :
· Supporting the General Partners and Investment Directors on elements of the due diligence process and in tasks
arising from portfolio management
· Managing the life science deal flow
· Identifying and sourcing opportunities
· Actively selecting interesting life science investment opportunities at conferences, technology fairs and networking
· Evaluating business ideas and analysing all aspects of potential new investments, including assessing the value
products or services, market competition analysis, financials and team etc. in close cooperation with the General
· Writing investment memorandums
· Working closely with third level Technology Transfer Offices to generate deal flow
· Developing a network of early stage investors and intermediaries, like corporate finance advisors, to source and pro-
actively identify potential investments
· Keeping abreast of emerging business, technology M&A and funding trends in the technology sector and preparing
research reports on same.
Person Spec :
· Minimum of three years’ experience in early stage life science investing, ideally with in house experience.
· Strong medical and scientific understanding
· Passionate about innovation in life sciences and how to change medical practice
· Ideally MD/PhD qualification
· Understanding not only of technologies but also of the markets that they move in
· Ability to do a competitive analysis and drill down to the key competitive points superb numeric and financial
· Structured thinker, capable to quickly analyse and summarize key points
· Strong networker who is able to identify the right investment opportunities
· Hunger to learn, high degree of self-motivation, tenacity to succeed
· Passionate about networking with entrepreneurs, corporates, experts etc.
· Maintaining and working on the company’s reputation in the market
· Entrepreneurial mindset
CV to Gerry@rftgroup.ie 01 2302400