Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced IT Field Support Engineer.
The IT Field Support Engineer will provide Customer Support for Clinical IT Solutions throughout Ireland. The primary purpose is in the resolution and escalation of problems to achieve availability and uptime of our products. However a significant portion is spent working with Customers on the installation of IT Solutions.
This is a permanent role based in Dublin with excellent progression opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of IT Support Engineer:
- Installation of Server and Client Hardware/Software
- Interfacing of Medical Devices to a Clinical System
- Interfacing with Hospital Wide Information Systems such as Laboratory and PACS systems
- Advising Customers on Design Solutions and Workflows
- Detecting and mitigating potential performance issues and problems before users are impacted
- Ensure that all work undertaken complies with the relevant Company Quality procedure relating to that service or activity
- Comply with all relevant protocols associated with call logging, service scheduling and other call related activities
- Proactively manage customer relations with particular emphasis on communication with customers and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- A Degree in a related Engineering/Computer Science/IT field is preferred.
- Strong Windows Administration, 2003 and 2008 including Active Directory, SQL Server Administration, Reporting and Scripting and Citrix.
- Experience in troubleshooting and customer service.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Customer focused with good communication skills - written and oral.
- Must have ability to participate in a 24x7 on call rotation and occasional work outside of normal business hours required
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / email@example.com / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.