IT Support Technician
Our client a rapidly developing multinational Manufacturing company now require an IT Support Technician to help support a growth in employee number.
This is a customer facing role requiring a high service delivery mind-set. Well rounded IS infrastructure knowledge required (Microsoft platforms, Active Directory.). Exposure and experience in supporting enterprise applications desirable. They will also be expected to engage with and/or project manage some IT projects
This is a permanent role based in Galway with an excellent salary and benefits.
Responsibilities of an IT Support Technician:
- Provide Support for locally supported infrastructure and applications in response to Service Centre tickets, Service requests and ad hoc requests, meeting and exceeding established SLA?s
- To support methods and tools for the troubleshooting and researching of problems with a focus on root cause analysis and efficient corrective actions
- Manage the support delivered by vendors under current Service Agreements
- Organises and performs Installations, Moves, Adds, Changes (IMAC) of applications, computers, telephony and other hardware.
- Troubleshoots and repairs issues related to phone, computer, peripherals, audio visual, printer, application and operating systems.
- Plans, tests and partners in the roll-out of upgrades/new applications, hardware, operating systems and infrastructure equipment.
- Performs hardware and software compatibility tests for monthly/quarterly security patching, application and Operating System updates.
- Provides guidance and technical expertise for users related to system or software related purchases and provides ad-hoc user training and instruction on computer hardware and applications.
Requirements of an IT Support Technician:
- Have a minimum third level diploma in Technology
- Ideally have 3-4 years in a similar role
- Rounded IS infrastructure knowledge
To apply please call John Reid on 01 firstname.lastname@example.org/www.rftgroup.ie
The RFT Group, Biopharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.