Our client a leading and innovative manufacturer based in Munster now seek a Laser Engineer.
The Laser Engineer is involved in the development of equipment, methods, inspections, and production procedures for industrial micro Laser welding processes, from pilot line to production
This is a permanent position with excellent advancement opportunities and very good salary and benefits.
Responsibilities of Laser Engineer
- Develop and execute Laser weld qualifications (IQ/PC/OQPQ), including protocol/report generation, equipment characterisation, process characterisation and test method validation
- Develop and qualify leak test procedures for hermetically sealed medical devices
- Develop custom Laser weld tooling and provide expertise in DFM principles to cross-functional development teams
- Collaborate with internal and external laboratories on destructive and non-destructive test methods associated with Laser welding (Cross sections/ Pull testing/ Hardness testing/ Residual Gas analysis)
? Level 8 degree in a relevant discipline combined with a
? Minimum of 2 years of related professional engineering experience
? CAD/CAM ? Use of CAD/CAM software to create CNC toolpaths e.g. Mastercam
Experience in any of the following would be an advantage:
- Lasers ? Solid state laser systems (Nd:YAG or Fiber) used for micro laser welding
- Motion systems ? Operation and programming of CNC systems using G Code or operation of Galvo based systems
- Hermeticity ? Leak testing of hermetic packages, Beam Diagnostics ? Energy/Power checks, 3D beam profiling
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.