Due to continued expansion my client a multinational Manufacturing Healthcare company now require Lean Manufacturing Engineer
The Lean Manufacturing Engineer will maximize the performance (quality; output volume & cost) of manufacturing processes by providing high impact technical/operational support, and by developing processes to the highest possible standards.
They will co-ordinate and complete complex projects supporting the implementation of Lean Manufacturing successfully against challenging timelines.
This is a permanent role based in Galway
Key Responsibilities of Lean Manufacturing Engineer:
- Implement appropriate process controls on to existing manufacturing processes for robust and repeatable commercial product manufacturing.
- Maximise manufacturing process performance through effective implementation of LEAN SIGMA methodology.
- Apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- Lead the conversion of manufacturing process from batch manufacturing to single piece continuous flow manufacturing.
- Support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process / Manufacturing / R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- Provide adequate technical support to new product introductions and change controls are effectively managed.
- Ensure that non conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- Successfully complete validations and process improvements using statistical tools and six sigma techniques.
- Support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the range of core technologies.
- 4-5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development role within the Medical Device/Healthcare.
- Catheter manufacturing experience would be an advantage
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt will have a significant advantage.
- Proven Implementation of Lean Manufacturing experience essential.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering.
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / firstname.lastname@example.org / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.