Our client a Multi-National Healthcare provider now have an excellent role for a permanent Senior Maintenance Engineer.
The Senior Maintenance Engineer must be highly proficient in the technical fault finding & problem solving of all production machine and automated systems i.e. mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and control systems. They will provide technical leadership & direction on all maintenance and equipment issues.
This is a permanent role based in Cork.
Responsibilities of a Senior Maintenance Engineer:
- Manage a team of Maintenance Technicians in support of all equipment planned and un-planned maintenance activities in support of a dynamic and fast paced production environment.
- Provide technical leadership & direction on all maintenance and equipment issues.
- Be highly proficient in the problem solving of all production machine and automated systems i.e. mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and control systems.
- Manage the planning & execution of all equipment maintenance routines on identified equipment within the value streams.
- Minimise downtime on Equipment, through fast response and priority setting with Area Supervision.
- Liaise with Production / Manufacturing Engineering and Equipment Engineering to understand equipment down priorities, and eliminate recurring issues.
- Ensure critical Equipment availability at all times in support of production metrics.
- Verify / Monitor PM effectiveness - Drive continuous improvement in the PM process.
- Monitor key maintenance process indicators MTTF, MTBF, MTTR etc. as required.
- Mentor and train Tech II/III, Manufacturing Engineers, Process Techs, and Product Builders on equipment related issues.
- Manage the PEMAC preventative maintenance system as site SME for same.
- Ensure all activities on 'down' Equipment & during PM are recorded. Compliant with PEMAC procedures.
- Generate / Edit Maintenance procedures to reflect actual work practices.
- Ensure all work carried out as part of PEMAC is as per procedures - Strive for continuous improvement in procedures & processes.
- Manage the equipment spares process. Monitor consumption & timely reordering with Maintenance Engineers & Technicians. Implement improvements to spares processes & systems in line with best in class industry practices.
- Capability to retrofit / upgrade existing equipment as part of Quality and/or cost improvement initiatives.
- Assists in the compilation of departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality policy and core values.
- Ensures Technicians are trained to do their work and their training is documented in line with training management systems.
- Maintain compliance metrics around adherence to preventative maintenance schedule and report metrics as required by quality systems management.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP & E&AS requirements.
- Represents the production maintenance function in support of internal & external quality systems audits.
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.) with ideally 4+ year's relevant experience.
- A working knowledge of PEMAC Maintenance Management System is an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to read & interpret electrical & control technical specifications & drawings.
- Ability to fault find PLC control systems is a distinct advantage.
- Hands on experience in a fully automated manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Familiarity with standard problem solving processes (6-sigma) is an advantage.
- Previous relevant experience in a highly regulated environment is an advantage.
No CV or details will be submitted to any potential client without prior knowledge, discussion and consent from "every" candidate