Our client a Multi-National Healthcare provider now have an excellent role for a permanent Maintenance Engineer.
The Maintenance Engineer must be highly proficient in the technical fault finding & problem solving of all production machine and automated systems i.e. mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and control systems. They will provide technical leadership & direction on all maintenance and equipment issues.
The Maintenance Engineer will report to the Senior Maintenance Engineer and Maintenance Manager. This is a permanent role based in Cork.
Responsibilities of a Maintenance Engineer:
- Support the planning & execution of all equipment maintenance routines on identified equipment within the value streams.
- Minimise downtime on Equipment, through fast response and priority setting with Area Supervision.
- Liaise with Production / Manufacturing Engineering and Equipment Engineering to understand equipment down priorities, and eliminate recurring issues.
- Ensure critical Equipment availability at all times in support of production metrics.
- Verify / Monitor PM effectiveness - Drive continuous improvement in the PM process.
- Monitor key maintenance process indicators MTTF, MTBF, MTTR etc. as required.
- Capability to retrofit / upgrade existing equipment as part of Quality and/or cost improvement initiatives.
- Stay current with technology & training; be recognised as an SME for the Maintenance function.
- Provide input to the compilation of departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Required to support where necessary the departmental activities of hiring, day-to-day resource assignment, project resourcing, etc.
- Supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports client Quality policy and core values.
- Support & provide input to compliance metrics in respect of adherence to preventative maintenance schedules and reporting on metrics as required.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promote full compliance to all GMP & E&AS requirements
- Level 8 qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline (Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electronic, Production etc.) with 2.5 year's relevant experience.
- A working knowledge of PEMAC Maintenance Management System is an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to read & interpret electrical & control technical specifications & drawings.
- Ability to fault find PLC control systems is a distinct advantage.
- Hands on experience in a fully automated manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel is required.
- Familiarity with standard problem solving processes (6-sigma) is an advantage.
- Previous relevant experience in a highly regulated environment is an advantage.
No CV or details will be submitted to any potential client without prior knowledge, discussion and consent from "every" candidate