Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Food company now require a qualified and experienced Manufacturing Technician.
The Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for delivering a high quality maintenance service to production. The technician must ensure that maintenance works efficiently, effectively, safely and in line with the maintenance strategy and manage the executing, monitoring and recording of the maintenance breakdowns and breakdown follow ups.
This is a permanent role based in the Dublin area with excellent progression opportunities, the successful candidate must be available for shift work which will come with an allowance added to basic salary.
Key Responsibilities of Maintenance Technician:
- Carry out the execution of the preventive maintenance and Condition Based program
- Providing maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports and participating in continuous improvement follow up
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment, also pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services, including compressed air, refrigeration and steam.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs
- As part of the technical Maintenance team, work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications
- Provide mentoring and coaching to shift technicians in areas you are strongest.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies
- Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out
- Responsible for completion of your planned work, shifts daily input of all works onto CMMS, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns
- Ensure Maintenance Manager is aware of any problems on site as soon as possible. Judgment must be used if Manager is to be called after hrs. I.E. if machine is down more than 45mins with no fix in place, but always follow the provided procedures e.g. Break down procedure.
- Observing all onsite and legislative rules and regulations in terms of Food Safety and Health and Safety.
- Ensure all parts are ordered by the shift technicians by the end of his/her shift.
- All relevant information is passed to both the maintenance manager and the next shift.
- Maintain workshops to a high standard
- Assist with ensuring apprentices in their dept. receive appropriate training relative to their trade if required.
- Recording of all damage to dept. equipment and reporting to department, engineering supervisor on same.
- Control of contractors and acting as Liaison Person as and when required.
- Possess relevant trade qualification.
- Minimum 3 years? experience in similar role in regulated manufacturing environment
- Possess mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and/or qualifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health and Safety.
- Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance.
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving
- Comprehensive Knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation and PLC control systems
- Good PC Skills also required
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors