Our client is a leading science based research company recently establishing its headquarters in Dublin. They wish to appoint a high performing mid level Accountant for a full-time permanent based role.
The business is based on an outsourcing model in which a number of suppliers are engaged in third party work on behalf of our client. There is an immediate requirement to develop systems to monitor and control expenditure and develop project management systems. The successful candidate will be expected to control the purchase authorisation system to keep a track of expenditure and prepare reports on project costs for management and the Board.
Book keeping is currently out-sourced to a leading accountancy firm and is unlikely to move in-house for at least the next year but the job holder would be expected to produce a monthly reporting pack as well as conduct regular forecasts and be responsible for the annual budget process. The role will be the first financial position within the Company and so offers huge scope for the right person to make their mark. There is a requirement for some travel to the UK.
- Suitable professional accountancy qualification (eg ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA)
- Must have prior management accounting experience- monthly reporting cycles, budgeting , large project control
- Experience gained in an accounting firm with some PQE in a similar role in industry
- Experience of the pharmaceutical sector a distinct advantage, as will be experience of working in a multi-currency environment.
- Good IT knowledge- able to help evolve IT infrastructure
Must be a self-starter
Must have good interpersonal skills and can quickly develop relationships with
colleagues and auditors
Must be adaptable and enjoy change
Enjoys a challenge
Happy to roll up sleeves in a start-up environment
cv to Gerry@rftgroup.ie