Due to continued expansion my client a multinational Manufacturing Healthcare company now require Lean Manufacturing Engineer
The Lean Manufacturing Engineer will maximize the performance (quality; output volume & cost) of manufacturing processes by providing high impact technical/operational support, and by developing processes to the highest possible standards. They will co-ordinate and complete complex projects supporting the implementation of Lean Manufacturing successfully against challenging timelines.
This is a permanent role based in Galway
Key Responsibilities of Lean Manufacturing Engineer:
- Implement appropriate process controls on to existing manufacturing processes for robust and repeatable commercial product manufacturing.
- Maximise manufacturing process performance through effective implementation of LEAN SIGMA methodology.
- Apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards.
- Lead the conversion of manufacturing process from batch manufacturing to single piece continuous flow manufacturing.
- Support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process / Manufacturing / R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- Provide adequate technical support to new product introductions and change controls are effectively managed.
- Ensure that non conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- Successfully complete validations and process improvements using statistical tools and six sigma techniques.
- Support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the range of core technologies.
- 4-5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development role within the Medical Device/Healthcare.
- Catheter manufacturing experience would be an advantage
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt will have a significant advantage.
- Proven Implementation of Lean Manufacturing experience essential.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.