Manufacturing Technician – Capital Equipment:
Our client, a medical devices manufacturer based in Munster are going through a substantial period of growth and now require an Manufacturing Technician – Capital Equipment.
The Manufacturing Technician will The Capital Equipment Mfg Technician II will perform a variety of routine and semi-routine tasks to ensure production quality standards are met.
Under general supervision, performs the setup of equipment, fixtures, components, cables, etc. for test. In addition they will also perform some mechanical assemblies.
This is a permanent role based in Munster with excellent progression opportunities.
Responsibilities of a Manufacturing Technician – Capital Equipment:
- Performs final assembly and test on all products.
- Operates and test computer controlled devices.
- Diagnose problems using basic troubleshooting skills on all products per test specifications (i.e. cables, equipment, etc.)
- Understanding of TPIs and product theory of functionality and operation.
- Performs hand setups for AC and digital tests, recognizes failures and setup problems, and determines need for appropriate verification.
- Train Product Builders and Technician I personnel as required.
- Follows procedures from SFP (Shop Floor Paperwork) and has knowledge of how MPI’s, TPI’s, drawings, etc. are used.
- Operates programmable AC auto-tests, samplers, real-time oscilloscopes, pulse generators, meters, power supplies and special AC test fixtures.
- Provides support for Capital Equipment Manufacturing, Repair Operations, Manufacturing Engineering and any other internal customers as required.
- Performs the testing of products during a tour, inspection or audit.
- Travel may be required
Requirements of Manufacturing Technician – Capital Equipment:
- Level 7 technical qualification in Electronic/Software Engineering
- 5yrs experience in electronics, electrical engineering or equipment repair
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.