Our client, a medical devices manufacturer based in Galway are going through a substantial period of growth and now require a Mechanical R&D Technician.
The Mechanical Lab Technician will under limited be responsible for the quality responsibilities of our clients new product development, sustaining engineering and operations support activities, including demonstrating and promoting a commitment to improving patient safety and product quality in our client through quality driven testing and product feedback.
This is an initial contract role based in Galway with excellent progression opportunities.
Responsibilities of Mechanical R&D Technician:
- Knowledgeable in the design features of medical devices.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Ensure regulatory compliance to GMP?s of all medical device regulatory agencies (e.g., FDA, ISO and MDD).
- Testing of new and existing medical devices.
- Understanding regulatory standard that drive test methods ?dimensional, pressure, tensile, track, securement, particulate or visuals.
- Execution of routine equipment maintenance.
- Assist in failure evaluation and investigation.
- Communication with R&D/ Operations team members in multiple teams across multiple divisions and sites.
- Knowledgeable in the area of test method development, calibrations, equipment qualification.
- Ability to present information to fellow technician team on critical issues in a concise and efficient manner
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Continuous Improvement conscious- to foster a work environment of innovation and agility.
Requirements for Mechanical R&D Technician:
- HETAC level 6 in Engineering, Sciences or associated discipline.
- 1-2 years? experience in a Medical Device or Pharmaceutical environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good teamwork abilities.
- Experience working on projects with other departments would be beneficial
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / email@example.com / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.