Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Manufacturing Engineer for New Product Introduction
The Manufacturing Engineer ? NPI will provide the technical leadership, direction and control to Manufacturing/Process Engineering resources so as to ensure my client has the technical resources to effectively manage current processes. They will in close liaison with other departments to ensure product requirements of quality, quantity, mix and cost are achieved.
This is a permanent role based in The Midlands with excellent progression opportunities, this role will report into the Director of Engineering.
Key Responsibilities of Manufacturing Engineer ? NPI:
- To manage and co-ordinate technical support for the introduction of new products, in line with marketing plans.
- Develop resource allocation and a critical path so as to effectively manage the introduction of technology on lines, modifications and process improvements.
- Develop manufacturing technical capabilities and skills so as to ensure ongoing process requirements can be effectively achieved.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Develop strong links with our sister plants so as to ensure effective ongoing transfer and sharing of products, processes and systems.
- In response to in-house quality levels and product complaints, develop process improvement projects so as to achieve the highest quality standards.
- Generate Process and Test method validation protocols and reports. Ensure that process validations and work methods are adequate to maintain the highest quality standards.
- Through effective information flow and interaction, develop harmonious working relationships within engineering and other functions, and ensure employees within manufacturing engineering have the necessary information and resources to effectively perform their jobs.
- Provide technical support in field related activities such as clinical programs and complaint investigations.
- Ensure safety standards and awareness within the manufacturing/process engineering group are in compliance with legislation and issues effectively dealt with.
- To prepare technical documentation such as standard operating procedures, safety programs, validation protocols, technical reports, engineering calculations, change controls and other documentation as required.
- To provide technical leadership and structured approach to problem solving for operations personnel involved in process engineering and development activities.
- To present, where appropriate, technical data to internal / external audit and inspection groups as required.
- Will comply with all relevant training required and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
? Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
Requirements of the Manufacturing Engineer ? NPI :
- Minimum of Degree in relevant engineering discipline.
- Five years? experience in medical device or similar industry with an established track record.
- Ability to deal effectively with all employees and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Six Sigma/lean expertise demonstrated in the manufacturing and design of new products is highly desired.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
In strict confidence please contact John Reid at The RFT Group / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.