Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Plant Engineer is responsible for providing effective and efficient maintenance of all Process, Utilities, Facilities and Tank Farm equipment including machine troubleshooting, investigations of major breakdowns and technical improvement activities while meeting regulatory, quality and safety requirements.
Continuous Improvement Strategies for the facility
- using optimum operational excellence tools to provide continuous improvement to equipment reliability.
- management of internal service levels associated with the maintenance activities;
- management of equipment performance for their assigned area and meeting KPI's with targeted improvement year on year. Specific focus required on Quality, EHS and Work Order KPI's.
- liaising with other sites to share best practice and learning
- ownership of the Maintenance Appraisal Process for equipment in their area and completion of FMEA’s on high criticality equipment.
- Assist with implementation of operational excellence programs, (TPM, 5S).
The Plant Engineer is required to play a lead role in the Maintenance Team and support the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Technicians in the day to day management of the engineering resources and workload. The Plant Engineer will have responsibility for the maintenance of site wide GMP and non-GMP equipment across Process, Facility, Utility and/or tank Farm areas associated with a modern pharmaceutical facility by;
- becoming the site Technical Expert for their areas of responsibility
- organising and managing service providers
- managing site Building Management System
- leading root cause analysis into equipment failures and identifying and implementing corrective actions
- providing end user input to all CapEx projects implemented in their area from an equipment maintenance perspective
- managing and improving the maintenance program and operating SOPs to deliver optimal equipment performance levels
- utilising the latest thinking in reliability centred, predictive maintenance and condition monitoring tools to keep abreast of latest thinking in equipment maintenance.
- controlling maintenance spend and reporting actual expenditure versus budget;
- planning maintenance activities especially biannual shutdowns, communication with project engineering and customer groups to ensure shutdowns run to plan and minimise the amount of non-productive time.
- management of defined cost-effective maintenance strategies to ensure that the equipment, support systems and utilities availability meets the manufacturing unit’s needs.
- drive reliability improvement initiatives to improve asset utilisation, reduce downtime, optimise spare parts holding and in the longer term reduce maintenance spend driven by breakdowns manage site energy spend and energy reduction activities.
- Engineering Degree with Continuous Improvement Tools and Techniques training (5S, Lean RCM etc.,).
- Fluent in English.
- Relevant maintenance engineering experience within the Pharmaceutical Industry, preferably on an FDA approved site. Process, facilities, utilities, maintenance or/& project experience including HVAC, Purified water, Clean Steam, refrigeration, Freeze Dryer maintenance, liquid waste management/processing within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Engineering Degree.
- Fluent English.
- Relevant management experience. Facilities / Utilities, maintenance experience within a blue chip international company at supervisory level with GMP & EHS experience within the process/manufacturing industry
- Strong technical knowledge of manufacturing and utility systems with experience of regulatory audits
- Proven people management and leadership skills, with strong communication and organisational skills. Excellent attention to detail, self-motivated and ability to work to tight or changing deadlines
- Experience of SAP and in Operational Excellence at Green Belt level would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and manage change specifically related to maintenance activities.
- Proven ability for the execution of results and a track record in solving complex equipment issues