Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Process Technician for their New Product Development Department.
The Process Technician will work under supervisory direction on PD teams on the development of robust, capable, cost effective & safe manufacturing processes, equipment, materials and products and support efficient and effective transfer of new products & processes into commercial production
This is a permanent role based in Galway with excellent progression opportunities
Key Responsibilities of Process Technician:
- Demonstrates a good technical expertise on process technologies to support design, optimization, validation and troubleshooting of those technologies.
- Under supervisory direction, provides input to Equipment engineering or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- Supports the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterization, optimization and troubleshooting of processes and equipment and summarizes, analyses and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Support the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, EHS assessment debug, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Support all continuous improvement activity ? application of Six Sigma & Lean methodologies to assist in the characterization, optimization, troubleshooting and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Under supervision, supports execution and documentation of validation builds, co-ordinates testing of validation units and compiles, analyses and reports on the validation results.
- With mentor assistance ensures compliance with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Travel to other sites / vendors as part of Technology development & transfer activities.
- HETAC Level 6 qualified in a relevant discipline
- 2-3 years industry experience
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with th proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / email@example.com / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.