Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Process Technician.
The Process Technician will be involved in the development of robust, capable, cost effective & safe manufacturing processes, equipment, materials and products and support efficient and effective transfer of new products & processes into commercial production
This is a permanent role based in Galway with excellent progression opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of Process Technician:
- Demonstrates a good technical expertise on process technologies to support design, optimization, validation and troubleshooting of those technologies.
- Under supervisory direction, provides input to Equipment engineering or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- Supports the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterization, optimization and troubleshooting of processes and equipment and summarizes, analyses and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Support the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, EHS assessment debug, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Support all continuous improvement activity – application of Six Sigma & Lean methodologies to assist in the characterization, optimization, troubleshooting and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Under supervision, supports execution and documentation of validation builds, co-ordinates testing of validation units and compiles, analyses and reports on the validation results.
- With mentor assistance ensures compliance with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Travel to other sites / vendors as part of Technology development & transfer activities.
- Min Level 7 qualification in a relevant discipline
- 4-5 years industry experience
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.