Associate Director Procurement, Global Supply Chain
Our client is an exciting ambitious fast growing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer. An exciting product pipeline scheduled for launch over the coming years will stretch and grow the person who holds this post.
- Play a leading role in developing and implementing a sourcing strategy for the company’s commercial supply operations, using market intelligence to support the proposed strategy and tactics.
- Assess the current supplier base; identify potential weaknesses and propose risk mitigation measures.
- Develop mutually beneficial vendor relationships. Negotiate supply agreements with designated key vendors, by balancing business requirements with cost, quality and customer service.
- Act as overall business relationship manager for designated key vendors, holding regular business review meetings, assessing performance via structured Key Performance Indicators, and ensuring effective communication and operational oversight. Ensure contract compliance.
- Influence suppliers’ strategic direction to align to company’s corporate goals/vision, e.g. EH&S
- Project manage initiatives on behalf of company to ensure that manufacturing or technical issues are resolved; lead the internal team to support changes such as product launches or capacity expansion.
- Analyse and understand overall external spend and collaborate with individual vendors on specific annual savings targets.
- Initiate and support implementation of Continuous Improvement initiatives, such as Six Sigma, OE, Lean
- Third level qualification in a relevant discipline such as Supply Chain, Finance or Business
- Proficient in cGMP regulations, and regulatory (FDA, EMEA) guidelines
- Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical contract manufacturing operations
- Demonstrable knowledge of best practices relating to supplier partnership models
- 5 years relevant procurement or other commercial experience at senior level, involving independent and complex negotiations
- Management or leadership experience of working within Operations in the pharmaceutical industry, with applied knowledge of cGMP
- Strong experience of leading multi-functional teams
- Good understanding of risk management processes
- Knowledge of working with ERP systems (e.g. SAP) an advantage
ABILITIES AND JUDGEMENT:
- Proven negotiation skills in dealing with pharmaceutical contract manufacturers and suppliers (e.g. Packaging, API)
- Strong communication skills, complicated by working remotely over different time zones
- Must be capable of maintaining strict contract compliance whilst maintaining positive business relationship with vendors.
- Ability to lead teams, to include direct and indirect reporting lines in a matrix environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade others at every level to accomplish challenging tasks
- Must be capable of influencing through knowledge and example
- Must be able to lead through collaboration.
- Must project a helpful attitude, and be seen as a Go-To person to discuss problems and solutions with.
OTHER PERSONAL OR GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS:
The role will include regular international travel
Please forward your CV application to email@example.com or call 01 2302400.