Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare organization now require a qualified and experienced Product Design Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for capturing the Designs within the Engineering print package area through CAD modelling, drawings and associated Design documentation, while also ensuring compliance to company and Industry standards.
This is a permanent role based in Galway with excellent progression opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of Product Design Engineer:
- Work with R&D Engineering and vendors to develop a robust product design.
- Assists in development & documentation of all design requirements of developed designs.
- Involved in all design (fit & tolerance analysis)/print reviews to lead changes to the drawings, processes and tolerances to maintain a robust product design.
- Assist in creation & specification of test methods to measure developing design requirements.
- Assist in selection of appropriate process technologies to allow components to be created as required.
- Assist in selection of ancillary resources to assist. EX: Industrial Engineering, Engineering Analysis, etc.
- Create CAD Solid Models of all design concepts.
- Management of Engineering print package, including adherence to drafting standards, engineering design standard (EDS) and other department procedures.
- Resource drafters to help create Solid Models and drawings.
- Manages the Print Package deliverables in PDM (creation of part numbers, primary content files, DCM?s, product structure linkages, creation of CR?s, etc.).
- Assists in prototype construction and procurement (quotes & services).
Key Requirements of Product Design Engineer:
- Must have 2 years? experience in a similar role
- Level 8 Degree in relevant area
- Highly proficient in 3D / CAD (Computer Aided Design) ? preferably SOLIDWORKS
- Data/File Management, Change Order Management
- BOM (Bill of Material) Creation
- Tolerance Analysis
- Drawing Creation and Updates
- Drawing Tree Creation and Maintenance
- Product design insight and problem solving
- Design of R&D test fixtures and equipment
- Support acquisition of prototypes including 3D printing
- Comfortable and effective in a highly collaborative environment
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.