Our client a leading provider of medical devices, supplies and pharmaceuticals now seek a Product Development Engineer. They will work as part of the design team and receiving direction from the Project Core Team representative in the development of new products and provide technical services in the areas of production, product quality, health regulations, specifications, and labelling/packaging.
This is an initial 18 month contract role in the Midlands with excellent advancement opportunities.
Responsibilities of Product Development Engineer:
- Involved with design and development of new products, modify existing products and develop product line extensions as identified by the Marketing Departments in Europe/ Japan/USA and adhere to global and plant procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with the provision of technical service to other departments in product quality, manufacturing concerns and complaint investigation.
- Ensure project activities assigned are undertaken within predefined budgets and schedules.
- Produce regular progress reports on assigned projects to the Manager of Development Engineering.
- Submit new product ideas for consideration and generate product development proposals
- Assist with the transfer of new products to production.
- Assist with the monitoring of competitor product releases and evaluation of competitor products when applicable.
- Perform operations in accordance with established safe working procedures and general safety rules ensuring that attention is always given to special hazards associated in your area of work.
- Report to supervisors or management any accidents/near misses or any defects in the workplace or any infringement of any relevant Company requirements which may endanger their own safety, health and welfare of that or others.
- Report all environmental incidents to management and participate in environmental training.
- Primary Degree in either Mechanical, Polymers, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum of three years relevant Industrial experience in the medical device or pharma area required
- Knowledge and understanding of new product development process in health care environment desirable as would experience in plastics fabrication
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.