Our client a leading provider of medical devices, supplies and pharmaceuticals now seek a Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer will be responsible for projects involving New Process / Equipment Introduction in Automation, Product Transfers, Material Change / Qualification, Continuous Improvement (OpEx) / Cost Reduction Energy Cost Reduction and Maintenance Optimisation
This is an initial 12 month contract role in the Irish Midlands.
Responsibilities of Project Engineer:
- Successfully lead teams to deliver all project requirements associated with cost, time and functionality, ensuring that all KPI targets are achieved.
- Consistently adhere to project management standard practices in the areas of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Controlling and Closing (PMBOK)
- Prepare User Requirement Specifications (URS) matching customer needs, Project Charters, Capital Expense Requests (CERs), Project Plans, Site and Factory Acceptance Test Protocols.
- Ensure all Change Control requirements are satisfied and conduct all business ensuring compliance with appropriate standards.
- Liaise effectively with Corporate Engineering Group as appropriate.
- Track and report out on projects using standard identified templates and ensuring all necessary information is available to key stakeholders, e.g. OpEx Leader, Financial Controller, Engineering Manager
- Follow all elements of the Corporate Procurement Manuals, ensuring that project files are suitable for audit if required.
- Use Six Sigma and Lean principles where appropriate to effectively execute projects.
- Contribute effectively to generation of continuous improvement opportunities which will feed into site OpEx plan for subsequent years.
- Support other projects and initiatives across the plant where required, liaising effectively with internal and external customers.
- Complete all identified training requirements as required.
- Carry out additional duties that may be assigned.
- The successful candidate will ideally possess a degree in Engineering or related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent).
- Candidates with other technical qualifications and relevant work experience may also qualify.
- Candidates should have formal Project Management Certification (PMP, IPMA or equivalent)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a Project Engineering role within Manufacturing or Engineering Project Management functions with the ability to take on high profile projects
- Proven experience in delivering projects from conception to completion, resulting in significant cost savings and process improvements.
- Medical Device manufacturing or equivalent regulated industry experience desirable but not essential.
- Competency in the use of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project & Minitab
Please send an up to date CV and cover note to John Reid at the RFT Group / 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.