My client a growing Healthcare Manufacturing company now require an experienced Project Engineering Manager – Capital Projects.
The Project Engineering Manager – Capital Projects is responsible for responsible for leading site capital projects from inception to handover, ensuring delivery on time and in budget.
This is a permanent role based in the Midlands commutable from Dublin and Galway.
Responsibilities of Project Engineering Manager – Capital Projects :
- Management of engineering infrastructure projects (Facility, Utility, Equipment), ensuring that the teams deliver projects on time, within budget and specification, with minimum disruption to business operations, up to operational qualification stage.
- Confirms scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management.
- Coordinates the support and troubleshooting with the Production / Engineering groups in support of the continual development of projects supplied.
- Applies innovative approaches and methods to more complex problems possessing greater technical complexity.
- Supports energy saving initiatives on site through the delivery of energy efficient site projects.
- Acts independently and takes responsibility for larger projects with greater scope while building a track record in dealing with complex technical and people issues as they arise.
- Affords opportunities for open and honest discussions with group members using the 1:1 process
- Demonstrates flexible and effective communication styles within the group and cross functionally.
- Directs, develops, integrates and maintains the technical competency training program for the group through continuous professional development.
- Coaches & mentors group members on approaches to decision making, communication and the execution requirements for their roles.
- Management of assigned staff and co-ordination of resources to ensure that project objectives are achieved.
- Utilise available functional and cross functional resources effectively to meet business goals.
- Review critical milestones on a regular basis to identify key priorities and communicate same to impacted teams/departments
- Ensure that systems are in place to maintain adequate records of projects completed and of site infrastructure (including handover files, drawings of record, critical drawings-live, safety plans, contracts, project correspondence).
- Supports implementation of enterprise/site/functional goals as required.
- Bachelors level 8 degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical) or equivalent with minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- Project Management certification desirable.
- Proven experience managing an engineering capital delivery team in a dynamic pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience & skillset for managing the delivery of Facility & Utility capital projects in a GMP environment.
- Delivery of process equipment capital projects in a GMP environment is desirable.
- Strong leadership, collaborative, conflict resolution and communication skills with demonstrated ability to motivate and coach reporting team, to deliver complex projects/large scale capital projects.
- Experience dealing with external regulatory bodies
- Proven track record in current role is essential.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialize exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
For more information please contact John at The RFT Group / www.rftgroup.ie / 01 2302400 or click apply below