Qualified Accountant 8 month contract Dublin pharma
Our client is a major multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer based in Dublin, has an immediate requirement for a Qualified and experienced for an initial 8 month contract. This individual will oversee the Central Eastern European (CEE) entities, working with outsourced providers who conduct the day to day accounting for CEE offices. This individual will manage the month ends, sign off the accounts ensuring the integrity of all Legal financial statements. This person will also manage these providers in the CEE, negotiating contracts where necessary, develop and maintain the portal tracking system and ensure the quality of data submitted. They may also be involved in the new entity set ups.
This position is responsible for:
Governing the Finance Outsource providers by
- maintaining and implementing control tools
- Building relationships with Outsource providers
Act as Fin ops lead in CEE countries to support assigned legal entities
- Ensuring books and records are maintained
- Appropriate controls are maintained/implemented
- Compliance with Tax and Accounting rules
Support line manager to govern the Outsource providers
- Development and maintenance of Portal tracking system
- Act as escalation point for issues from Controllers and External Accountants
- Develop and update process documentation when needed
- Provide HFM support at month end and ensure tasks are tracked
- Update quarterly, half, annual governance documentation
- Assist in new entity set ups
CEE Financial Operations support:
- Direct support for operations in up to 8 countries
- Day to day operational support to Outsource providers.
- Support Regional Finance Business partner team
- Support Purchases to Pay and Travel and expenses processes to meet the needs of the commercial and other teams.
- Manage month end close processes
- Manage transitions to Buy/Sell entities
- Take on Cash flow monitoring
- Liaise with UK Global Credit Controller
Ensuring the integrity of all Legal entity financial statements, such that:
- Books and records for the legal entities are maintained in line with :
- Global finance policies - Reporting and FP&A
- All recognized accounting standards
- Compliance with local laws and regulations; especially around Tax, Accounting and Pharmaceutical activity
- Effective systems of internal accounting controls are maintained and developed to ensure reported financial information is compliant, accurate and timely
- Overseeing the preparation and filing of the annual Statutory Accounts and Tax returns in accordance with local regulations
- All internal and external Tax, financial and operational audits are effectively managed.
- Support ad-hoc international finance projects
This is a varied role working with CEE entities and outsourced providers within this. The preferred candidate must have a very solid accountancy background within an International corporate who has worked with a number of entities. There will be a large amount of ‘administrative’ work in management of these providers, i.e. not working 100% on actual day to day accounting. A CEE language is highly desirable.
- Qualified or experienced Financial Accountant
- Good excel and system skills – from an end user perspective
- Eastern European languages desirable
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage conflicting demands and appropriately prioritize.
- Work independently and as a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary for daily interaction with internal and external personnel, across all functions and geographies.
- Ability to achieve results through influence and persuasion
- Demonstrated customer service focus – understanding of customer needs and desire to meet/exceed expectations.
- Excellent analytical skills
- A good knowledge of Accounting standards in either IFRS or USGAAP – US GAAP preferable
- Ability to solve problems and think creatively – provides pragmatic solutions and implements ideas through to conclusion.
- Instinctively create processes for routine work and continuously improve them.
- Ability to understand system interfaces and different types of ERPs/Consolidation systems
Complexity and Problem solving
- Responsibility for key legal entity finance deliverables across multiple countries
- Dealing with ongoing expansion plans, acquisitions and meeting the businesses needs
Internal and External Contacts
- Regular liaison and consultation with UK Fin Ops team; Group Finance/Tax/Treasury
- Liaison 3rd Part Accountants/Auditors/Tax advisors
- Regular liaison with commercial teams
cv to firstname.lastname@example.org 01 2302400
Follow us on…..