My client a large Multinational Manufacturing company now require R&D Engineers who will use their experience in Design of Experiments and Design For Manufacturing techniques to develop new technologies from concept through to manufacture.
The R&D Engineer will under limited supervision provide guidance, compile, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
This is a permanent role based in Galway.
Responsibilities for R&D Engineer:
- Develops new ideas and technologies within an assigned product area.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of technicians in an assigned phase of a development project.
- Interfaces with Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, vendors and possibly physicians.
- Defines, prototypes, clinically tests and transfers new product to production.
- Participates in design review and designing products and processes for fabrication.
- Develops production equipment and process improvements and innovations and is responsible for cost improvement programs.
- Ensures the efficient transfer of prototype and pilot products to full production status and supports these product lines on an ongoing basis.
- Communicates changes in project milestones and writes project reports as required
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Understands and complies with complex regulations, including FDA & ISO, governing the quality systems
- Ensures all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Primary Degree in either Mechanical, Polymers, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering.
? Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
? Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
In strict confidence please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / email@example.com / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.