My client a leading Biopharmaceutical company now require a Senior Automation Engineer to join their expanding team. This is a permanent position based in Dublin.
The Senior Automation Engineer will be responsible for designing and implementing the automation programme on a new biotech facility. The primary role will be to establish a world class automation programme, lead the controls risk management process and provide technical training and coaching to the self-directed work teams.
Responsibilities of Senior Automation Engineer
- Provide leadership and management for Automation activities at the facility to meet functional and site objectives.
- Responsible for Automation Engineering processes including PAS, BAS, MES, Siemens PLC platform, DeltaV Distributed Control System, PI Historian, PLC/SCADA, Integration of CMMS, hardware and software specification, code review and control, OEM's, System Integration, own designated Servers, Vendor Management, record and data management, and budget management.
- Responsible for coordinating and implementation of Best-Known-Methods in Automation, design and implementation of Plant Automation Strategy, Life-Cycle Management of Automated Systems, equipment servicing and performance management, records and data management and budget management.
- Participate, influence and implement automation plans that deliver business efficiency, growth, process optimization and ongoing enhancements.
- Understand current system design and partner with key stakeholders (Global Manufacturing and Engineering Services, Enterprise Application Services, Quality Systems, Global Automation, Global IT, Infrastructure Services, and key vendors) to deliver 'futureproof' innovative and proven solutions to ensure ongoing effective delivery of operations.
- Responsible for generating all Automation related documents, specifications, and for standing-up the Automation Systems at the plant, generating and managing Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols, Technical Reports and QMS reports.
- Key participant on the site operations readiness team interfacing with the projects team to ensure that the project is delivered in accordance with the agreed scope.
- Working with Global Engineering and IT teams to design, implement, deliver and sustain best-in-class Automation Management Systems to ensure robust system performance, whilst evaluating and developing edge-of-next technology platforms appropriate for the site.
- Enshrines safety, quality and operational excellence culture as a value within the Automation Team and ensures that these programmes are sustained.
- Build a high performance multi-skilled automation team and culture through effective talent acquisition, onboarding process, training programme and guides
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in IT, Mechatronics, Electronics, or equivalent.
- 5+ year's relevant industry experience in the Biopharma/Pharma sector.
- Has working knowledge of FDA, HPRA, GMP, 21CFR11, safety and environmental requirements and regulatory inspections.
- Systems background: BAS, PAS, ERP, MES, Data Historian (OSI PI), Data Integrity, SCADA, Siemens PLC an advantage.
- At least 8 years' experience in manufacturing.
- Proven ability around identifying and eliminating inefficiencies and implementing innovative technological solutions.
- Proactive at keeping current with the latest technologies and automation practices.
- Strong operations support background ensuring value added and effective automation contribution and oversight.
- Must be open to the possibility of travel albeit a small percentage
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialize exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
For more information please contact John at The RFT Group / www.rftgroup.ie / 01 2302400 or click apply below